Saturday, February 6, 2021

iFIt Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge Seathwait Walk, Lake District, England - Alex Gregory

Today is Saturday and I did this walk today! This is the third walk I did in the iFit February Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge. It's my third walk in a series to get me to meet new trainers and it's the third trainer that I've already met in a previous walk. He did one of the Heart to Heart walks that I did recently. I liked him in that one and I liked him in this. I might have to look at the other ones he's done. They haven't popped up in the difficulty level 1 stuff that I've been trying to stick with. Soon my work schedule will change and I'll have more time for the walks so hopefully I can do some of the longer or more challenging ones. For now, I'm working on this meet and greet challenge

The trainers accent wasn't too hard for me this time. I'm pretty sure the first time I had some issues with it. I'm just not good with accents. I also prefer to be able to see people's mouths the whole time since I think I do some amount of lip reading when they talk to help me understand them. I do that with TV and in person too. Anyway.........This was a pretty walk through some old farmland in the Lake District. He talked about the sheep, the farm houses, the fences and the fact that it's a popular place to visit. He mentioned that Beatrix Potter liked to visit the area. The area has some sort of designation as a historical site or something like that and people can go wherever they want in the area. That was interesting. 

I'm not sure why, but I was really not in the mood to walk. I thought I was, but once I got up there, my body just didn't want to do anything. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and I usually feel better the next day, but today my low back hurt. My feet ended up going numb as well. I started out at the 2.5 he was at and then he bumped up to 2.8 and I tried it, but my calves started to hurt and then my shins started to get sore so I knocked it down so I could get through it. I really hate shin pain so I tend to slow down if I think they'll hurt too much. I can fight through a lot, but shin pain is my Achilles heel. I ended up knocking it down to 2.4 at some point and I think even 2.3. I just struggled to keep walking. My choice was to put my hands on the bars or slow down so I slowed down. Sitting here my upper right section of my back hurts too. Not sure what the heck happened, but I'm fairly miserable today. Maybe I'll take tomorrow as a rest day even though I just had one yesterday. Although, does it count as a rest day if you have two medical appointments and you go shopping at several different stores? Probably not. I'm going to wrap this up since we still have a desk to put together and I need a shower. 

My Walk
What it should have been 


No comments:

Post a Comment