Saturday, February 13, 2021

iFit Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge Beginner Treadmill Workout Jesse Corbin

Today is Saturday. I did this walk last Sunday. This was another one in the iFit Meet the Trainer Challenge. If I do all 8 of these before February is over, I get a magnet. Woot woot! I was not a fan of this walk. The trainer was fine, but it was a studio walk. I much prefer to walk out in the jungle or on the beach. I'm already walking on a treadmill inside of my house. Watching other people walk on a treadmill inside of a building is rather boring. The whole workout ends up being about the workout instead of learning things or listening to a story that will keep my mind off the fact that I'm walking on a treadmill inside the house. 

This thing was recorded live and I guess some people are into this whole live class thing which is why spin classes are so popular. I just don't get it. The trainer was also a little bit too Richard Simmons for me. Everything was just a little extra and I prefer a much lower key kind of experience. 

The walk itself was fine. It was intervals and I like intervals. I wasn't a huge fan of the fact that during the slow sections where I was supposed to be recovering, the incline went up to 6%. This was also called a beginner treadmill workout, but jogging was involved. 

So this live class thing is weird. I guess there is a leaderboard that I didn't see since I wasn't doing it live. The trainer does shout outs to people. According to posts on Facebook, this shout out thing is super awesome and this is what people want. During the workout, the trainer used my name. It freaked me the hell out. If this had been a live class, I probably would have shut the machine off. I'm hanging out in my house. I don't need the attention. This taught me that I should never take a live class. 

My feet went numb during this walk. I'm starting to think my new shoe purchase was a bad idea. They were comfy to walk in, but not comfy on the treadmill yet. I don't really want to wear them out and about shopping and stuff to break them in. I kinda feel like shoes are supposed to just be comfortable. I hate buying shoes! I need to give it more time but these might turn into shopping shoes instead of treadmill shoes if this doesn't stop soon. 

I only have the chart for my walk. I wasn't able to find this one in the library to show what it was supposed to be. Let's just say more distance since I slowed it way down. That one blip of speed in the second recovery interval was an accident. I think I hit follow the trainer which kicked up the speed and it took me a moment to knock it back down. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment