Saturday, February 13, 2021

iFit Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge Death Road Interval Walk, Cordillera Oriental Mountains Bolivia Hannah Eden

Today is Saturday and I did this walk today. It was part of the iFit Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge. This was my fifth workout from this challenge. It's only the second trainer that I hadn't experienced before. I really like this trainer, although she did say this was a beginner walk and the speed was way too much for me so I had to knock it down. This is from the Bolivia Train to Terrain series which is 16 workouts and is listed as a difficulty level of 4. Okay so how exactly is a level 4 supposed to be a beginner workout? On what planet is walking at like 3.8MPH considered beginner. These are the types of things that can completely devastate someone and derail them. If you have to constantly have to reduce the speed on beginner workouts, you start to feel like a failure. 

Okay so moving past the fact that this is not a beginner workout and I had to reduce the speed.... The beginning of this thing was 2.0 and she's got us doing shoulder rolls, arm swings, tricep/lat stretches, high knees and butt kicks. That was fun. NOT. This was an interval walk. It was 30 seconds of work followed by 30 seconds of rest for 10 rounds. Then it was a 2 minute rest followed by another 10 rounds of 30 work and 30 rest. The second round was supposed to be faster than the first. My first round 10 minute stretch of intervals was 2.6 work, 2.3 rest followed by 6 rounds of 2.7 work with 2.3 rest, then 2.8 work, 2.3 rest, 2.9 work, 2.3 rest and then 3.0 work and 2.3 rest. Since I had to manually adjust the speed, my intervals were not always an exact 30 seconds. There were times when she talked too long or totally forgot to say it was a rest interval. My 2 minutes of rest was 2.3. My second round of work was 2.6, 2.6, 2.7, 2.7, 2.8, 2.8, 2.9, 2.9, 3.0 and 3.1. All of the rest intervals were 2.3. 

I actually felt pretty good with that. My left leg got a little wonky and my feet hurt, but mentally speaking, I wasn't fighting with myself to continue. I wasn't counting down the minutes. I wasn't wishing for this to be over. My left leg went wonky, but I wasn't in pain really. My left lower back area was a bit tender, but I'm used to that. My legs felt good as far as propelling me forward and I didn't have shin pain even though I was going faster than I normally do on the work rounds. I was also going slower than I normally do on the rest rounds since I wanted to make sure I could get through this. 

I took Monday through Friday off of walking this week. Last Saturday and Sunday were pretty much torture for me on the treadmill. I did not want to be on there, but I forced myself to do it. I made myself push through and get it done. The plan was to take Monday and Tuesday as rest days to let my legs recover, but then I was just so exhausted all week long so I wanted to sleep in. I'm changing my work schedule in two weeks so I'll be able to sleep until 6:00 and still get a workout in so I'm not overly worried that I was too tired this week to get up and get on the treadmill. I figured that on Friday, I'd sleep in and then do a walk mid morning or early afternoon. I woke up at 6:30ish I think. At some point I ate breakfast and then fell asleep. I figured I was just too dang tired to get on the treadmill. Today I'm still tired, but it's the weekend so I had to get on the treadmill. I was hoping that after five days or rest, I'd feel better and I did. My legs propelled me forward and my mind was totally engaged in the walk. I didn't even zone out. 

The trainer talked pretty much the entire time. Some of it was about walking form, some was about what the rest of the series would be like and some of it was about the area. She was entertaining and helpful. I liked her tip about pretend like you're filing you nails on your hips. I have a tendency to have my arms swing across my body instead of along the sides of my body. I'm not sure if that's just because I'm on the treadmill pushed up to the bar so my belly is touching it or not. I stopped holding the bars, but I still have my belly touching the front bar of the machine. I'm not sure why, but I know that part of it is a fear of falling. Speaking of which, the tread kept slipping on this walk. Most of it was downhill which was nice, but the machine does not like it when I walk downhill for too long so every time it slipped I thought it was going to die on me so I upped the incline a bit. I never went lower than 3% decline or maybe it was at 4% for a little bit. Most of it I did at 2% decline, but then I ended up at .5% because it kept slipping. 

Overall, I really liked this trainer and will need to check out more of her workouts. 



My Walk

What it should have been 


No comments:

Post a Comment