Sunday, February 14, 2021

iFit Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge Rockfeller Center Bootcamp Interval Run, New York City, New York Casey Field

Today is Sunday and I did this walk today. It's part of the iFit Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge. There are eight total and if I do all 8 of them in February, I get a magnet. I wish I had learned about this in January and then I could have gotten a full years worth of magnets if I did them all. Oh well! I can't go back in time. 

This was my first time doing anything with Casey Field. I was not a fan of this workout. It's a run jog and I did it as a walk walk faster. There were six run intervals. I started out doing 2.4 MPH for the jog intervals and 2.7 for the run intervals. I did three like that and then went to 2.8 for the run and 2.3 for the walk. Then it was 2.9 and 2.3 and then 3.0 and 2.3. After the last run interval, he went to a park for some cross training. I stayed on the treadmill since I wasn't really expecting this cross training thing. I walked at 2.0 MPH and then went slower as the section got closer to be done. I just wanted off the machine at that point. The 3.0 MPH run interval kinda killed my will to live. 

He jogged and ran on busy streets in New York City. He talked a bit about the area and how many people are there. I find it incredibly rude to be running down the streets of New York with a camera crew in the middle of the day. If you want to make a run/jog workout in New York, wake up super early in the morning and film it while you're impacting less people. There were times where he seriously just ducked between two cars and crossed the street. No cross walks. Not much time actually seeing if any cares were coming. He just jogged out into the road and across the street. This reminded me of the Gideon run (I walked) that I did to start off this trainer Meet and Greet. This run/jog even went into Grand Central Station. I was not impressed. 

After the intervals, he went to a park and did this cross training thing. It was 50 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest. There were five different moves. I'm not sure if I remember them all. There was a squat followed by a rear lunge on each leg, body thrusters (squat and then as you come up out of the squat your arms go up over your head), alternating front lunges, a push up followed by a mountain climber on each leg (that sounds weird, but that's how he described it) and the final move was burpees. I just walked through it. This was also a weird thing too because he just picked a spot in the middle of the park and started filming his workout. Maybe there was some conversation before or after with the people around him to make sure they were okay with this, but I don't know. There was a guy just hanging out in a chair to the right of the trainer jumping around. It was very awkward for me. 

I looked for this workout in the library or anything by this trainer, but I don't see it. I didn't read every single thing, but I did a search on his name, boot camp and New York. I could not find anything by this trainer. I find it a bit odd that this workout would be in the trainer meet and greet if the trainer didn't have other workouts, but I can't find them. I'm not too upset about that though since I didn't really like this one. 

Nothing went numb, but my feet did hurt. I got through it. My left lower back/pelvis area did hurt a bit, but oddly it was more when I was going slow than when I was going faster. I think I have two more meet and greet walks left and I've heard good things about both trainers. Although, one of the workouts is super fast. I won't be going fast, but the trainer goes fast. I'm going to stop rambling now and go get in the shower. 

My Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment