Saturday, February 6, 2021

iFit Meet and Greet Challenge Erawan Waterfall Run, Kanchanaburi, Thailand - Gideon Akande

Today is Saturday, but I did this walk on Wednesday. This is part of the iFit Challenge for the month. I get these emails every month about challenges, but they've never looked like something I could do and I didn't know anything about them. Last month, I got one that looked interesting so I looked into it. If you do the challenge of the month, they send you a gift. (Spoiler alert!!!) It's a magnet. I thought it might be fun to try it out so I joined one. The one I joined though is like a three month thing. I have to do 12 workouts each month for January, February and March. For February, I got an email about a Meet and Greet challenge. I clicked a button to read more about it and apparently that was the wrong button. I ended up joining the challenge and now I feel obligated to do the challenge. 

This was the first workout for the challenge. It was a running workout. No way was I going to be running! I can't even walk 3.0 MPH for more than a couple minutes without my shins killing me. Running is not going to happen. The trainer was Gideon Akande. This wasn't my first workout with him. He did one of the Heart to Heart walks. I wasn't really all that impressed with him in that one and I was definitely not loving him in this one either. At least the last one he was pretty mellow. He's one of those in your face kind of trainers. It was more of that personal trainer kind of rah rah motivation that I'm not a huge fan of. I also found him to be incredibly rude to the people around him. There was some funny stuff where he was high fiving people who were there, but he was trying to run through a crowd. It was rude and I just didn't want to walk more of that. 

If I had been running, I might have found this to be a bit weird because he was actually running pretty slow and he walked at time and even stopped to point some stuff out. I always feel weird if I'm walking and the trainers are standing there looking at something. If I'm moving, I want them moving. Maybe that's my own hang up. 

Nothing really hurt on this. Nothing went numb on this. I held up when the include was 6% or more. The area was very pretty. The falls was really pretty. It would be a great place to go experience in person. It was a bit of a crowded path. 

 


My Walk


What it should have been 



No comments:

Post a Comment