Friday, January 22, 2021

iFit Heart to Heart on Finding Meaning

 I did this walk on Tuesday and today is Friday. I'm getting caught up after being behind all week. Monday my hubby had the day off so I didn't want to write after work so I could hang out with him. Tuesday, I went to the grocery store after work so no blogging. Wednesday it felt too overwhelming to have three of these to write. Thursday, I had to work 11 minutes late because I had messed up punching in and out all week so instead of having extra minutes, I didn't have enough minutes. UGH!

So anyway, I did this Tuesday and the machine errored out on me at the end. I got through the entire walk, but then it said there was an error and it could not save the summary. When this happens, I usually do the walk again on another day, but honestly, I wasn't really in love with this walk so I don't wan to do it again. It was pretty much flat the whole way and it was walking around the riverfront in Chicago. It was okay scenery, but the trainer who was supposed to be inspiring me in some way felt blah. I've never done one of his walks before. I think he does running stuff so that makes sense that I'm not familiar with him. His name is Gideon Akande. He talked about growing up with immigrant parents and living in a diverse area. At some point, he went to school in Massachusetts which is less diverse. I know this since I great up in Massachusetts. We didn't even really have diverse food let alone have a diverse population. Honestly, I didn't find him inspiring because he didn't seem to have faced adversity. As a kid people made fun of him for wearing clothes native to his parents home, but he even said that in college he didn't experience racism even though his friends did. I don't really have a take away from this walk. It was easy enough to get through and it was nice that it was only a mile since it's hard to find the time to do two miles before work because I walk slow. 

The screen shot below is what the walk shows on the library. I didn't make any changes so it should be accurate to what I did, but it doesn't have my heart rate. Everything felt fine on the walk. I didn't have any pains anywhere. 



No comments:

Post a Comment