Friday, February 5, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 23: Core Cardio, Cardio, Abs



Day 23:

Day 23 of 10 Minute Trainer was Core Cardio, Cardio and Abs. Let's just say that it wasn't my favorite lineup of programs and I had absolutely no desire to workout, but I got up and I got in there and I did it. It's the final week of the program so there's no chance of me giving up now. 

Core Cardio

Having this as the first one of the day was a blessing and a curse. It was good to get it done with so then it was just done, but starting out with something I'm not a fan of on a day that I didn't want to workout wasn't very fun. I also knew that abs were coming and I so do not like abs! On this one, I really worked hard on the Crescent Lunges. I got down deep into them and I was able to come up out of them without my stutter step. I have to admit that my arms didn't stay up over my head the whole time though. I put them up there as I went down into the lunge, but then as I came out of it, I pulled my arms down and stood up. I'm not sure if that helped me get out of the lunges without my stutter step, but I did get out of them so I kept doing it like that. I always forget about the Bella Twist. I'm not a fan of the Bella Twist. I just can't do the hop and twist thing without killing my knees so I just step it out while I twist, but then I feel all wimpy because I'm modifying. There's nothing wrong with modifying and it's important to know your own body. It doesn't make it any easier for me mentally though. It's only a minute though. During that minute, all kinds of things run through my head though. It's just not fun. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Cardio

This is the cardio workout that I like. It's more fun. I don't have to modify it either! I might not go as fast as her or pick my knees up as high as her, but I'm still doing the same moves. I suppose that's still modifying, but to me it's not. At this point, I can pretty much call out what move is coming next in this one, but I'm still not bored with it. I don't dread doing this workout and there's nothing in it that totally sucks. I'm not a huge fan of the hop squats at the end of the workout, but it's the last minute and then I get to rest! I can handle that. I focused on my Warrior Lunges on this one. I wanted to get through the whole minute without my stutter step. I managed to do that except for the reps were I lost my balance and then that wasn't really the stutter step. I did the same thing with my arms in this one too. They went up when I went into the lunges, but they came down as I pulled myself out of the lunge. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.


Abs

I hate working my abs. I've yet to find an ab workout that I actually like. The closest I came was probably the Rockin' Body Hard Core Abs workout. That thing was hard, but it was also fun in a weird way. I love Shaun T. He makes things fun just by his presence. Anyway, back on track here......This entire ab workout is on the floor. A lot of it was on my back. My back was still sore from the rolling last week and from whatever is going on in the middle of my back. I wasn't in the mood to do this. I didn't enjoy it, but I got through it. I barely kept my hip off the floor during the side elbow plank kick things. Those are torture. The mountain climbers suck too! I'm just glad that everything in this one is only 30 seconds. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 3 of 10 Minute Trainer.


Polar M400 

Here are the screen shots from the workout. 




Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment