Saturday, March 6, 2021

iFit The Sun & Sand Challenge: Beginner Strength - Intro to Yoga - Briohny Smyth

Today is Saturday. I did this yoga workout yesterday. It was the first workout in the iFit The Sun & Sand Challenge: Beginner Strength. I've been wanting to get back into yoga so I thought this was perfect. The challenge is 12 workouts and I can alternate these with the John Peel beginner treadmill walks in the iFit The Sun & Sand Challenge: Beginner Treadmill. I had done yoga workouts with this trainer with Daily Burn several years ago. I liked her then, and I liked her in this. She's got a mellow style and a pleasant voice. I have iFit for my treadmill, but I also have the app on my phone so I casted it to my TV and watched it there. 

The workout was simple enough as far as the moves she did. I haven't done yoga in a long time and I'm probably 80 pounds heavier than I was when I did do yoga last. I also haven't been doing anything other than walking on the treadmill in what feels like an eternity. This was rough for me! I was slow to get into position and I had to come out of downward facing dog several times because my shoudlers were killing me. Oh and my Apple Watch was driving me nuts. The push button kept getting pushed since my wrists were bent for awhile. I kept focusing on that and then didn't really focus enough on the workout. 

I'm not sure it was a good idea to try to do this challenge! I really need to start lifting weights again. We'll see how I handle getting through these 12 workouts and then next month maybe I'll start lifting weights again. 

I don't have a pic of the workout. I used the activity app thing on the watch, but I can't figure out how to find it from yesterday and there isn't anything in iFit to track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment