Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 22: Total Body 2, Core Cardio, Upper Body



Day 22:

The first day of the final week of the program! I'm so going to finish this program! I'm pretty happy about that after my mishap with Hammer & Chisel. Day 22 was Total Body 2, Core Cardio and Upper Body. I love Total Body 2. It's probably my favorite workout in the program. I really like Upper Body as well, but I won't be sad to see Core Cardio be done! 

Total Body 2

This one is with Tony and the door. Once upon a time, I thought he was a big dork and I didn't think I'd be able to handle an entire workout with him talking. I've mentioned this before, but it popped into my head again. He says the weirdest things and he uses weird voices to say them, but he's really growing on me. I'm glad I did 10 Minute Trainer because I got to experience Tony while I was working out instead of just previewing workouts. I've done a couple P90x workouts that came with Body Beast, but I really don't remember much about them. Maybe he wasn't annoying in those. Now I almost want to do those again just to see. I'm rambling now. Okay......Total Body 2 back on track. I focused on getting deeper into my lunges. I also worked on getting out of the lunge without my little stutter step and for the most part, I think I was successful with that. My shoulders were killing me by the time I was done with this one. I like that it doesn't have push ups in it! It's a lot different than the Total Body workout in the program. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 11 of 10 Minute Trainer

Core Cardio

I will not be sad on Friday when I do this one for the final time. I might do another round of 10 Minute Trainer in the future, so it's not like it's the final final time, but the final time for this round. It's a great workout, but it's just not my thing. Whenever I do this one, I try to analyze why I don't like it and sometimes I com up with nothing. During this workout, I decided that it was because I have to modify some stuff and I hate modifying. I really hate modifying more than the modifying suggestion. For example, the Bella Twist modifier is something like going slower and not going down into the hole. I can't do the hop stuff that she does with the twisting so I just step and twist. If I do the hop like her. It hurts my knee. I'm also not a fan of the skater move at the end with our hands up over our heads. It just doesn't feel all that great on my left shoulder. I don't modify that move though, but I just don't like it. I also feel like I don't get as much out of each move because several of them have us facing away from the door for a few steps towards the wall and then turning around and moving back towards the door. My belt isn't loose enough for me to easily turn so I have to readjust it as I move around and that just wastes time and takes away from the workout. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Upper Body

Wowzers. This one was hard after doing Total Body 2 earlier! My shoulders were on fire! I tried to focus on form on this one and got as low as I could in the lunges. I still struggle with finding the right position for the tricep extensions, tricep kickbacks and tricep throws. It shouldn't be complicated, but for some reason it is. It's like the band isn't enough resistance for the kickbacks, but it's too much for the throws. That's the hard part about the band. When you pick up a 5 pound weight, it's 5 pounds no matter where you move it, but with the band, your position matters. If your farther from the door, you'll get more resistance and if you're closer you'll get less. Finding the correct spot to be in can be challenging for me. I still love this workout, but it really was crazy hard after doing Total Body 2. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots from the workout. I'm happy to see that the heart rate monitor seems to be working better. I'm not sure what's up with that, but I'm happy for it. 




Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment