Saturday, February 6, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 24: Lower Body, Cardio, Upper Body



Day 24:

Day 24 of 10 Minute Trainer's Stackables Calendar was Lower Body, Cardio and Upper Body. This was pretty much a dream day. I like all three of these! Woot woot! I wasn't really in the mood to workout though. I'm tired and I'm achy this week and I just want to stay in bed. It's been a bit chillier in the morning too so getting out of a nice, warm bed is just not something I want to do! I got up and did it though. I'm not going to fail on this program during the final week. No way is that going to happen. 

Lower Body

It's hard to start out with the Lower Body. The On Demand version of 10 Minute Trainer doesn't have a warm up. He talks about doing a warm up, but there isn't one in the list. I try to just run in place while the workout is getting queued up, but it's not much of a warm up. I should do more, but I never give myself enough time to do it. This one starts off with squats which is often times included in a warm up, but it doesn't make a very complete warm up. I always talk about liking this workout and then I get to the In and Out Hop Squats and think to myself, "Why do I like this workout?" They aren't really all that bad though because we do 15 seconds slow, 15 fast, 15 slow and 15 fast. If it was a full minute of fast, there's no way I could get through it. These things kill me by the end of the minute even with the slow sections. I'm getting better with the lateral lunge section. I'm staying down better instead of popping up. I'm also doing better with the hip lift thing at the end. I forget what it's called, but you're in bridge position and put one foot up towards the ceiling. There's a resistance band on the bottom of your foot and you lift your hips up. The first time I did it, I barely got my butt off the floor, but now there's some space under there! You can see all the moves on my post from Day 4 of 10 Minute Trainer

Cardio

It would have been better to have this one first instead of second, but I'm doing them the way they are laid out on the calendar because it just seems like I should. I'm sure they mix up the order so your body doesn't get used to doing things in a certain order and so that your brain doesn't get bored with doing the same thing over and over again. Out of the two cardio workouts I've done in this program so far, this is by far my favorite. I don't have to modify stuff in this one and there isn't much turning around in this one. I'm not a fan of the Hop Squats at the end, but even those aren't really all that bad. I take those slower than she does and I don't pick my knees up as far which I suppose is modifying, but it's not the same as having to do something different than what she's doing. You can see all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Upper Body

I really like this one. I've always enjoyed upper body workouts as long as they didn't involve too much shoulder work. My shoulders are soooooooooo wimpy! I'm actually having some issues with my left shoulder right now. I need to work on figuring out what's up with that. Back on track though......Back and Bicep day has always been my favorite! This one doesn't focus on the biceps all that much, but there are two moves out of the 10 that are all about the biceps. There's a few moves for the back as well. Nothing in this one is too crazy hard. By the end of each move, I'm ready for it to be over because I'm getting close to failure, but nothing has caused my to be sore the following day. I've had times where I've been weak, but not sore. It's rough when I get Total Body and Upper Body on consecutive days, but it's not so horrible I can't get through it. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots for the workout. Check it out! I think I went the entire workout without my heart rate monitor freaking out on me. I also went the whole workout without my resistance band breaking free! It's a great day! I love my Polar M400 heart rate monitor again! 


Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment