Saturday, October 25, 2014

Review of Beachbody TurboFire 20 Low HIIT 20 Free with PiYo


Bonus Free Workout: Turbo Fire Low HIIT 20

This workout came free with PiYo. I was pretty excited about that because I waned to try TurboFire. I was putting it off until it went on sale since I already have too much stuff to workout. This was a 20 minute HIIT workout that was low impact. It was intense, but low impact. There were two modifier people that we could watch. One of them with with a lower intensity, and the other went with a higher intensity. However, I rarely saw either one of them. I didn't really have to modify anything though so it wasn't a huge issue for me. 

This workout was filmed in the same location as Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Express. There is another workout that I've done that was filmed in this same place, but I can't remember what it was. It's a rather memorable studio. It's god a distinctive brick wall and giant arched windows. 

Okay, so the workout was so not what I was expecting. It was much more dancy than I was expecting and a lot less kickboxing than I expected. She moved from one move to the next a lot faster than I was expecting. It's like a whole different Chalene compared to PiYo. It was a good workout, and it got my heart racing, but I was behind the entire time. it was my first time doing the workout, so I shouldn't be upset about being behind, but I couldn't even figure out how to make my body do what she was doing. I'm not good with dancy stuf and I'm not good with looking at someone and mimicking them. This workout just isn't my style.

I'm not going to bother with a play by play just due to the style of the workout. The format was interesting. We warmed up with some squats and then we learned a series of moves while doing them slow. We didn't really do it that slowly though. Once we did the series slowly, we did it again faster and hit it harder. Then we did it slowly again and then fast again. After that, we learned a new series and did the same set up. We learned a third set as well. Then we went into the cool down which was mainly squats.

BodyMedia Screen Shot

I sucked at this workout. I really did, but check out that calorie burn! Look at those minutes of activity and OMG 14 minutes of vigorous activity in a 19 minute workout! I may have sucked at it, but I'm pretty dang happy with this screen shot! Now, I really want to go back and do some Les Mills Combat! Ooooooooh or maybe tomorrow morning, I could go for a run! Check out that workout arc! That was supposed to be a HIIT workout, but I stayed up there pretty high for the whole workout! Crazy!!


19 comments:

  1. There is definately a great deal to learn about this issue. I really like all of the points you’ve made. ice cream barrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. how come we can get this CNC milling machine with the lowest pressure on you things with the minor mistake you have explained it real good bro

    ReplyDelete