Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Express 3 Mile Advanced Walk


 

This was the last 3 mile walk that I had at home to review. I really wanted to do a 3 mile today so I went ahead and did this one. I didn't use the stretchie band since I don't have one. I do plan on getting one of those since it seems to be a pretty popular walk booster with these workouts. 

The DVD only gave me the option to do the 3 mile or the 4 mile. It did not give me the option to choose specific miles or to only have the music. Once I hit play, there was a short intro that would have given me enough time to go fill up my water bottle or set up my BodyMedia and Nexercise workouts. 

This DVD had some familiar faces in it. It was nice walking with some faces that I recognized and a more varied age and size range. The workout begins by marching in place. She then takes you through the other three basic moves which are knee lifts, side steps and front kicks. Once you're all warmed up she brings kickbacks into the mix. She also includes arm movements as things go on. This one took a bit to really get into the fast paced hard core stuff. For the first mile, it seemed like she only had us do a few sets of each move before returning to walking. It took me until the second mile to start wondering when she was going to stop doing those blasted kickbacks with the arms moving up and down. There was also a section where the front kicks were just never ending. 

This DVD has mile markers, but no partial mile markers that some of them have. The second mile moves fast! When you're into the third mile, you slow down and get out the stretchie band. I did the hand moves without the band and a few of them really made my shoulders burn! While you're doing all of these arm moves with the strethie band, you're just marching in place for the most part. This got me ready for the cool down, but once she was done with the stretching band, she picked things up a bit, but my legs just didn't want to have anything to do with that. I made it through, but it was rough at the end. My legs were a bit sore from the workout yesterday, but I really think the slow down for the stretchie band was more to blame. 

I'm going to try this again with the stretching band, but I wasn't impressed with this one as a workout to do without the walk booster. I really did like the first two miles though, so once I turn hard core on this walking thing and start mixing workouts together, I might enjoy doing the first two miles of this combined with a few miles from another workout.

Below are my BodyMedia and Nexercise screen shots. I was pretty bummed that I didn't hit 600 on the workout! If I had only pumped my arms a little harder or lifted my feet a littler higher, maybe I could have gotten those extra 11 calories! The big blue blob on the left is my workout. I love looking at these things. They're even better on the app since there are more colors. Maybe for my workout tomorrow, I'll include the phone shot. The last spike on the right is from when I was doing dishes. I love looking at this thing after I've done the dishes or cooked dinner. I love the bonus calories burned!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment