Saturday, February 6, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 25: Cardio, Total Body 2, Yoga Flex



Day 25:

Another great line up! Day 25 was Cardio, Total Body 2 and Yoga Flex. These could be my top three workouts in the program. I'm not really sure. Well, I think I like Upper Body more than Cardio, but if I have to do cardio, I'd prefer Cardio over Core Cardio so this is a win for me! 

Cardio

It's getting hard to find things to talk about for this workout. At this point, I've done it 15 times now. I'm still not a fan of the Hop Squats at the end, but I can appreciate them as a move that is beneficial to my body. I'm getting sooooooo much better with the lunges during the Warrior Lunge section. My arms don't stay up the whole time, but I'm able to push off and get myself back to standing without my stutter step! My balance still could use a little bit of work, but I'm getting better with that too. I can pretty much name the next move that's coming. I can't sit here right now and name them all off though. It's kind of like when you're listening to a CD you've listened to a bazillion times and you finish a song and know what's coming next, but if someone asked you to name the songs on the CD in order, you probably couldn't. Okay, I rambled enough. Let's move on. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Total Body 2

I love this workout! I don't really have a specific reason why though. It's just Tony and the door for this one. Some of the moves just kill my shoulders! I really shouldn't enjoy this one. Maybe it's because we don't do it all that much and we didn't do it until Day 11, so I think this is in the program the least amount of times. I didn't do the math on that though so I could be wrong. Anyway, I did Upper Body the day before which made this one super hard! This one also has a section where you lay down on the floor and do different types of crunches. I shouldn't like this workout, but I do. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 11 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Yoga Flex

I love Yoga. I even bought a Hallmark Keepsake Ornament last year with Santa doing Yoga. I think he's doing Tree which is a pose that I can not do! I just don't have the balance to do it properly. I can do the modified version with my foot down by my ankle. Fortunately, this yoga workout doesn't have any of those balance poses in it! I can do all the stuff in this one and I don't have to modify. Sometimes when I'm doing this one, I'm amazed at how flexible I am for someone of my size. I'm not saying I'm Gumby or anything, but I can read my toes and I can get down on my elbows while doing Pigeon. Although, I probably should have someone check my form during Pigeon. I'm not sure that my front leg is correct. He doesn't talk about it other than that your knee needs to be outside of your body, but I've heard in other workouts that your front leg should be perpendicular to your other leg. I certainly can't do that so maybe I'm doing it wrong. You can see all the moves in my post from Day 4 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Polar M400 

There are no screen shots today. I put the thing on, but I forgot to hit start. I felt stupid once I realized that. I no longer get all upset over it like I did when I did Les Mills Combat though. I didn't have the Polar M400 back then, but I did have the Body Media Link.I loved all my pretty charts and graphs and when I didn't have them, I got so annoyed! Now, I'm just like whatever. 

Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment