Saturday, February 6, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 26: Total Body, Lower Body, Core Cardio


Day 26:


Day 26 of 10 Minute Trainer was Total Body, Lower Body and Core Cardio. Can I tell you how happy I was that it was my last day doing Core Cardio? I like the Total Body workout and the Lower Body workout, but I'm just not a fan of the Core Cardio workout and I'm happy to say that it was the final day of doing it! I'm sure I'll do it again someday when I do a mini round of 10 Minute Trainer. i still have to do a 21 Day Fix mini round, a 21 Day Fix Extreme Mini round, a Rockin Body mini round and a Body Beast mini round. It could be awhile before I do a 10 Minute Trainer mini round! I think it's important to do the mini rounds though to see how far I've come. I think Body Beast is my next mini round. I think it will fit well with my walking workouts with hubby.

Total Body

This is another one that's hard to do as the first segment because it just doesn't have much of a warm up. We start off doing squats with the bands. I did my running in place while the thing queued up, but I just didn't feel warm enough. I should have paused it until I felt all warmed up, but I really have a hard time motivating to get into the workout room, so I never have enough time to do a good warm up. I wish they had included the warm up somewhere in the On Demand program. Oh well. They didn't so it is what it is. I like this workout. It's got some challenging stuff in it like the last move where you're in a squat and holding the resistance band under one foot. You hold the handles at your shoulders as you shift your wait forward and then back and then you go up about an inch and then down an inch and then throw in a shoulder press. This move kills me! I was already weak from the last couple of workouts and then we do that move. UGH! It's soooooo hard! This whole workout was a bit of a struggle since I had done Total Body 2 the day before and Upper Body the day before that. it was good though. I worked on staying deep in my lunges as we worked the other body parts. You can see all the moves in my post from Day 2 of 10 Minute Trainer

Lower Body

This time I actually remembered the In and Out Hop Squats. Once they were done, the workout went by very quickly. It was a cruel joke though to put Total Body and Lower Body in the same day. They both have that same torture move with the lunge position and the rock forward, backward, up and down. However, this one doesn't add the shoulder press which makes it slightly less horrific of a move. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 4 of 10 Minute Trainer

Core Cardio

Goodbye Core Cardio! I've done this workout 13 times now! I thought this was in there more than Cardio, but apparently I was wrong. It seemed like I did it more, but that's just because I'm not a huge fan of it. My belt is just too tight on my to make it convenient to be turning around within it. There are several moves where you move away from the door and then turn around and move back towards the door. I don't get as much out of those moves because I'm fighting with the belt and every time I turn around, I have to fix my shirt because it gets all bunched up. If I don't fit it, it just gets worse when I turn around again. After enough turns, my belt is no longer on the outside of my shirt and it's very uncomfortable. Enough with the whining. I no longer have to do this workout! I'm sooooooo excited!  Nothing else to say about it. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here they are! Another day without a break in the heart rate connection! Also another day without the resistance band popping out and flying across the room. Woot Woot! 




Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment