Thursday, February 18, 2021

iFit South of France Beginner Walking Series Carcassonne Castle Walk, Carcassonne, France - Alex Gregory

Today is Thursday, but I did this walk yesterday. I had hoped that I would be using the new fancy Smart Adjust, but my treadmill didn't get the update yet. Not that I really needed it for this one. This was a new series by a trainer that I have used before. His name is Alex Gregory and he was an Olympic rower. I did one of the iFit Trainer Meet and Greet walks with him. It was a place in England. I really liked that one. I also did one in the Heart to Heart series. I also really liked that one so I was looking forward to doing this series when I saw it pop it. It was great timing since I saw it as I was about to finish the Meet and Greet Challenge

This walk was nice and flat. There were a couple little blips, but nothing too hard. It was also a good pace at 2.5 MPH. I wasn't expecting the scenery to be quite what it was. When he mentioned castle, I was thinking of a traditional castle. One big building a moat maybe. This was more like King's Landing in Game of Thrones. There was a giant stone wall around the place and a bunch of buildings inside the wall. It was interesting, but not what I was expecting. It also looked like people either live in there or they just have shops in there. I'm not sure which really. 

He talked about the place as he meandered around. His voice is very soothing. He talked a bit about his rowing career so there was a bit of overlap with stories I had already heard, but I enjoyed the walk. It felt good being back in a walk that I could complete as it was designed. 

Nothing hurt all that bad and my feet didn't go to sleep. I didn't have to hold onto the bars. I felt good when this was over. 

My Walk 




What it should have been 

No comments:

Post a Comment