Saturday, February 20, 2021

iFit South of France Beginner Walking Series Day 2 Croix de Provence Walk, Vaugvenargues, France Alex Gregory

Today is Saturday. I did this walk on Thursday. This is the second walk in the South of France Beginner Walking Series with Alex Gregory on iFit. So far, I'm on track with doing the correct workout on the correct day. Go me! This is not normal for me. I'm rather impressed with myself. 

I don't remember a whole lot about this walk because I wasn't really paying all that much attention to him since the incline was killer for some section of this and I was pretty much in misery. It was also my first walk with my new iWatch and I was messing around with it a lot. 

This walk got STEEP! It didn't stay steep for a crazy long time, but it did get steep! This is tagged as a beginner walking series, but 18% incline is intense. I know that it's got to be difficult to rate these walks though. If you think of beginner, intermediate and advanced as the basic terms we use to describe a hike, there isn't a lot of room there. The walk was relatively slow paced, but it did have some steep sections. I wouldn't consider this an intermediate walk, so I guess beginner is where it needs to stay and it would be considered maybe advanced for a beginner. We do have the option of dropping the incline or the speed, so I think people should try it and adjust as they see fit. I went down in speed for the last two hills since my heart rate was going insane. 

I had to hold onto the bars for the bulk of this walk. That messed up my activity thing so I didn't close the rings. I ended up so annoyed by that. I ended up just setting up an Other workout later in the day and letting it run to make up my 7 minutes. Out of the 30 minutes I was on the treadmill with the warm up, the walk and the cool down, I got credit for like 13 minutes or something stupid like that. My heart was beating crazy fast, but my arm wasn't moving so I guess it thought I wasn't doing anything. Oh well. I got my rings closed and I don't feel guilty about it. 

Nothing went numb or hurt too terribly badly during this walk. I'm happy that I got through it. My quads were a bit tender the next day when I was shoveling snow.


My Walk

What the website shows 


No comments:

Post a Comment