Saturday, February 20, 2021

iFit South of France Beginner Walking Series Gorge du Verdon Walk, Cote Azur, France Alex Gregory

Today is Saturday. I did this walk yesterday. I had planned on taking a rest day since it was running around town and doing errands day, but I recently got an iWatch and my errands didn't close my rings so I got up there and got it done. I only needed 14 minutes, but I did a 30 minute walk. I guess I'm an over achiever. 

This was a nice walk through a big gorge in France. He said it was their version of the Grand Canyon. The walk was a nice steady pace at 2.5 MPH except for a few parts. The incline was going up and down a lot, but it rarely got very steep. It went negative a few times, but not for crazy long periods and it never went down to 6%. Negative 6% is the death of my machine. It does not like me at negative 6% for more than a few minutes. It will let me stay on a high incline for long periods of time, but it will stop dead if I'm at negative 6% for 10 minutes. It makes sense since uphill my weight will help pull the tread down, but downhill, the tread is pushing me uphill and I'm a big girl. 

I liked this walk. I really don't remember what he talked about, but he was interesting at the time. My legs were a little sore from the prior day's incline. I had also shoveled snow in the morning. The fact that I shoveled snow and didn't get my rings was really infuriating. I guess I should have set it up as an Other workout. I just left it without setting a workout since I wanted to see what it would do. 

Nothing went numb on this walk or hurt too terribly badly. My lower back was a little painful, but it wasn't so bad that I wanted to get off the treadmill. I don't really have much else to say so I'm going to wrap this up. 

My Walk    


No comments:

Post a Comment