Thursday, August 31, 2017

Life Update!!

It has been far too long since I've written a blog post! It's August 31st and my last post was in April! It's been over four months! I miss this so much, but I just never have time for it. I've decided that I really need to make time for it though. It makes me happy and we all need more happiness in our lives.

If you've been following along, you may remember that I broke my foot back on December 30, 2016. I was off my foot until April 1st, 2017. I finally got out of the boot at the end of May and started physical therapy in June. At first it was super simple stuff, but it hurt so bad! I was seriously just tasked with things like moving my toes up and down, lifting my heel up off the floor while I was seated, and laying on my recliner with a stretchy band under my foot and pushing the ball of my foot down as far as I could then moving it back up. That would seriously wear me out. It HURT! Every day it got a little better though. I slowly progressed into doing some of that same type stuff but while standing up! Here we are at the end up August, a full eight months from when it happened and I still can't walk right. I'm getting there though. I've graduated to some intense stuff like leg presses and plyo jumps on the leg press. Oh and my all time favorite exercise is "toe walking." I get up on the balls of my feet and walk. He says I should be able to do it barefoot, but right now, I still need shoes! I'm practicing without shoes though, but I make it about four feet.

At some point in the last few months, I decided that it was time to get my medical issues figured out. I'm tired of doctors telling me that I just need to eat more vegetables and work out harder. I've been there and done that, but it just hasn't worked for me. I've tried a ton of different nutrition plans and I've tried a ton of different workout programs. I drop a few pounds in the beginning, but then stall. My most recent attempt at losing weight was my most successful. I dropped close to 60 pounds. That journey started in January of 2014. That's when I started the blog. I went back and re-read my first blog post. I sounded pretty miserable. I also was apparently a bit misinformed. I wasn't fat just because I was making excuses. I had legitimate medical issues that were helping to make me fat.

So I've got this friend who is all into natural medicine. She gets all excited about hormones and stuff. She's been trying to get me to get a bunch of tests to find out what's wrong with me. However, I've ignored her because fat people are fat because they eat too much and don't exercise enough and they make excuses. It was also too much for me to process and a lot of it seems quite hokey.

So fast forward to April of this year. I put $2,000 into my medical savings plan because I needed oral surgery that was supposedly going to cost that much. My deadline was April 30th to decide what to put in there, but I wasn't ready to get the consult done because I had to wait for my teeth around the area to align properly. I committed to $2,000 and you can't change that after the fact. So in June, I'm ready for the consult and find out it's going to cost under $700 and insurance is going to pay for the bulk of it. Huh, now what am I going to do with $2,000 in medical savings? Keep in mind that I need to spend it as fast as I can because I want to leave my job, so if I leave the job and don't spent it, that money is gone from my life. First thought was for hubby to go get his teeth taken care of. I manage to find a dentist he's willing to go to. Only problem is, his teeth aren't nearly as bad as I thought and that's only going to take up like $500 of my $2000! I wracked my brain to come up with a way to spend the rest of the money.

So recently, I went to a Naturopath. She ran a bunch of tests and started spending my money. However, a bunch of those were actually covered by insurance too. Who knew it would be so hard to spend $2,000! I'll write more about the specifics of the tests, the results and the treatments later. It's exciting stuff. I'm still waiting on the results of one of the tests. I get that a week from tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that one will be positive and I'll have one hell of a fun experience after that! I'm so not looking forward to that. I'm rambling though.

To sum everything up..........My foot is getting better, My belly is getting better and My head is getting better! Now, I need to make sure I don't give up on the blog this time because giving up on the blog is like giving up on myself. When I stalled out and got super busy last summer, I stopped writing in the blog, but the blog was the thing that kept me anchored to this weight loss journey. Without the drive to write a blog post about my workouts, I didn't have the drive to actually work out. I didn't have the drive to find new healthy recipes to try. I didn't have the drive to do much really. Blogging makes me happy and we all need as much happiness as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment