Sunday, July 3, 2016

C25K Couch to 5K Round 2 Week 5 Day 3

This was the day that I was dreading. I had to run 20 minutes straight. The good news though......I did this last year so I knew I could do it. I just wasn't sure if I could do it on the street and at a faster pace than last year. The answer would appear to be that yes indeed I can do it on the street and I can do it at faster pace than last year. I wasn't a happy camper at the end of this run the last time around, but it wasn't that bad this time. I was definitely not as fast as I would have liked, but I got through it and wasn't sore the next day. My breathing was okay too. I'm quite impressed with myself this time. Hubby didn't come with me so I ran to the high school and around the block. I went all the way down to the Bi-mart street. Not really sure what possessed me to do that, but I did it even though I knew I'd end up having to go uphill at the very end. I really pushed for the last minute of the running segment. I read my post from last round before I did this workout and I did that same thing last year. I was all happy because I got to a 12ish minute mile pace so I wanted to go faster and I did! Woot Woot!

Polar M400 Screen Shots

I'm not really sure where those crazy spikes came from on the heart rate monitor or the crazy dips, This thing drives me nuts sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment