Sunday, June 26, 2016

Review of C25K Couch to 5K Round 2 Week 4 Day 2

Here's another post from my marathon of getting caught up on Couch two 5K. I hate getting behind! Last weekend I spent so much time working, so I ran out of time to post about my workouts! Ugh! Week 4 Day 2 was the same as Week 4 Day 1. I did a five minute warm up followed by 3 minutes of running, 90 seconds of walking, 5 minutes of running, 2-1/2 minutes of walking, 3 minutes of running and 5 minutes if walking. Then there was the five minute cool down.

Hubby didn't come with me so I went down to the high school and then around to the middle school to finish off on the downhill straight section. I did the same route earlier when I was still on week three. It turns out that I finish up right near my street so I can just walk home! Or so I thought! There was more running involved in this one, so I had to go a little further to make sure that I didn't get home too soon, so instead of turning left onto my street, I kept going straight and turned up by the street for Bi-mart. Turns out, the stretch of that road between my street and the street for Bi-mart is UPHILL! It's not a steep uphill, but I was pretty tired already and was so not interested in going uphill again. My breathing was pretty horrible and I was pretty tired. I was so ready to be done with the running thing. Technically speaking, I'm not really sure that was actually running at this point though! I was going sooooooo slow up that last little stretch. I just wanted to be done! My legs didn't hurt though, but my breathing was sooooooo heavy and I was coughing a bit. I still did better going on the street for this one than I did for the same workout last year on the track. Feel free to read my workout for C25K Week 4 Day 2 from last year. If you're struggling to get through C25K, it might make you feel better. My first round was pretty much torture.

Polar M400 Screen Shots 

Here are the screen shots from the workout. I didn't get a running index score this time. I wonder why. Oh well. I was surprised to see that I got up to 12:05 minutes per mile. That must have been on the downhill right after the first uphill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment