Sunday, June 26, 2016

Review of Couch to 5K C25K Round 2 Week 4 Day 1

My second post from my marathon of catching up again on my progress. So week 4 Day 1 was a day that I was dreading because we bumped up from 3 minutes of jogging to five minutes of jogging! It was a five minute warm up, 3 minutes of jogging, 90 seconds of walking, 5 minutes of jogging, 2-1/2 minutes of walking, jog for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 5 minutes. That added up to a lot of jogging! Knowing that I had gotten through it last year made it easier to get through it this year. Reading all of my previous posts from the previous round really made me feel way better about this round. My Week 4 Day 1 post made it sound like I was about to die! My entire body hurt, bu this time around my breathing has been more of an issue than any pain. I haven't had any soreness since my first workout and that was all in my abs and chest really. I haven't had any soreness in my legs this time around. I have noticed that my legs aren't at full capacity during our hikes on Saturdays, but it hasn't been painful. I just feel like a wimp on the hikes.

Enough rambling! Hubby decided that we should ride the bikes to the track. I think this was the first time that we did this, but maybe we did it the previous week too. It made things a little challenging for me from a logistical standpoint. I wasn't sure when to start my apps. I wasn't sure if the ride to the track should count as my warm up. I wasn't sure what to do with my headphones on the trip over. I forgot to turn off my app before we left the track so my minute per mile is all jacked up. I think I got some speed record because I was riding my bike downhill during the workout on the Polar app. Oopsy.

So the run itself was a bit challenging. It's tough to say if it was because of the five minute jogging intervals or because we road to the track. The track is a little uphill from the house. most people wouldn't notice the include, but I'm a wimp on the bike so I really notice it. My hamstrings were feeling it when we got to the track. I tried to keep myself in the 12 minute per mile range, but it was quite challenging to do that. I started out at a good pace for each run, but then fell off the pace, but I got through it and wasn't in pain. I was ready to stop running because I couldn't breathe, but I could have kept going it I had needed to do so.

I ended up having some severe pain in my right side after the final running segment. It went from my hip to my shoulder. It was sharp and horrible. I walked it off in a couple minutes, but it was horrible while it lasted. It seriously felt like someone was stabbing me.

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots. I just noticed that it gave me a running score. I'm not sure what that's all about. Check out how fast I was on the end of that workout? That was me going downhill on my bike because I forgot to shut the app off. UGH!


No comments:

Post a Comment