Sunday, May 8, 2016

Review of Beachbody Less Mills Pump


Beachbody Les Mills Pump

This is a discontinued Beachbody program that uses weights and a lot of reps to get results. I haven't done the entire program, but I have done all of the workouts in the basic package. You can't buy this program from Beachbody anymore, but you can buy it on ebay if you want it. It's a great program to add to your strength training library.

The Workouts

The program comes with 5 strength training workouts, one 15 minute ab workout and one yoga workout. If you bought it from a Beachbody coach, you also got an extra 10 minute ab workout. You might be able to find someone selling the version with the extra workout, but you might not.

Pump Challenge

This workout is about 25 minutes. It has five tracks. They cover Squats, Chest  & Triceps, Back, Butt and Hamstrings, Lunges and Shoulders. I hurt for about four days after doing this workout! I was a bit bummed that it didn't have anything for biceps, but was happy to have no ab section! This workout was short, but it was very effective in making me sore! This one didn't have a warm up or a cool down track. You can read a play by play of all the moves on my post about Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Pump Challenge

Pump and Burn

This one as about 35 minutes. It has six tracks. The first track was the warm up track. After that, we covered Squats, Chest, Legs and Back and Abs. The last track was the cool down. I was also disappointed not to have a bicep track in this one. I have to admit though that I was not upset to be missing a shoulder track. My shoulders are so wimpy. I hurt for about four days after this workout too. You can read a play by play on my post about Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Pump and Burn

Pump and Shred

Pump and Shred was about 47 minutes. It had 8 tracks to it. We started with the warm up track and ended with the cool down track. I'm glad these have the cool down tracks. The first one just had a little stretching between tracks, but I felt like I needed more! In between the first and last tracks, we had Legs (Squats), Chest, Back, More legs (Lunges), Shoulders and Abs. Once again, no bicep track, but we did get our shoulders back into the mix oh joy. I hurt probably for four days again after this workout. These things are killer! You can read more about the moves on my post about Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Pump and Shred.

Pump Revolution

Pump Revolution had 10 tracks! It was a whopping 57 minutes! It was soooooooo long! It was awesome, but OMG that was a lot of reps! The first track was the warm up and the last track was the cool down. In the middle we had Squats, Chest, Back and Legs, Triceps, Biceps, Legs (lunges), Shoulders, and abs! We finally got a bicep track! My biceps barely made it through the track, but they weren't really sore the following day. I was still happy to finally get a bicep track though! It feels like my biceps have been shrinking since I haven't been doing much with them lately. You can read a play by play of this workout on my post about Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Pump Revolution

Pump Extreme

Pump Revolution was another long one! It lasted just under an hour and had 10 tracks. We did a warm up and a cool down track. In the middle, we had Squats, Chest, Back and Legs, Triceps, Biceps, Legs (lunges!), Shoulders and Abs. Pretty much the same stuff we had in Pump Revolution. Most of the moves were the same too. The ab track was a bit different and I think the shoulder track was a little different. It was nice to have another workout with a track for biceps. My biceps were a bit fried before I started this workout though. I had helped load the truck at work a couple days before this workout and my biceps got quite the workout. They were the only thing sore the day after loading the truck. I was kind of surprised that they were sore. I was really surprised nothing else was sore. I'm rambling, so back on track! I liked this workout, but some of the tracks get a little old because you do the same move for the entire track. The only difference is the tempo. You can read more about the moves on my post about Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Pump Extreme

Flow 

This one was just under 20 minutes. It was a mix of strength poses and stretching poses. I felt like I needed more stretching poses though. I really love the stretching aspect of yoga. I didn't really feel like we held any specific pose long enough to really get a good stretch. I felt good after the workout, but I wanted more! There were four tracks. We started off with some Vinyasa Flow type stuff. Then we went into a section of strength poses with stuff like Crescent and some Warrior Variations. Then we did some stretching poses on the floor. The last track was mainly focused on twisting poses. I love twisting poses! You can read a play by play of the moves on my post about Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Flow

Hard Core Abs

Hard Core Abs had three tracks and they were all about the abs. Shocking I know. The workout was just under 15 minutes. I'm not a fan of ab workouts. I'm okay with hiding ab moves in other workouts, but to go into a workout know that it's just going to be about abs is just not something I'm a big fan of. I wasn't expecting to enjoy this workout because I've rarely liked any ab workout before. It wasn't that bad though. We didn't do anything crazy challenging, but my abs were sore the next day. You can read about all of the moves on my post about Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Hard Core Abs

Core 

Here we have another short ab workout. This is the one that came with the program for buying it from a Beachbody Coach. It was about 11 minutes and had three tracks. I liked this one better than Hard Core Abs. It still had the Hover or Plank as we call it in this country, but the rest of the stuff was more enjoyable. As I said in the last paragraph, I'm not a fan of ab workouts. This was probably my favorite of all ab workouts though. It was totally doable, but still challenging. Ab workouts are hard for big girls like me. We're not really built to be laying on the floor. It's hard to lay on the floor and not hurt your back when your butt is ginormous. I'm not saying this to be funny. It's seriously hard to not hurt your back while doing ab workout when you can't get your back flat because you've got too much padding in the rear end. You can read about all of the moves on my post about Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Core

Want to learn more? Watch the video!

You can't buy Pump from Beachbody anymore, but you can still buy it from ebay so if you want to learn more about it, just check out the video that still exists even though you can't buy it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment