Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review of Graze.com Box 31

What it is and why I get it

Graze.com is a healthy snack box mail order subscription service. You give them $6.00 and they send you four uber fun uber awesome snacks! They are tasty and interesting. It's not like NatureBox where you get a giant back of one thing and you have to portion it out. You get four portion controlled snacks that have several different ingredients in them. I should probably get a Nature Box some day to review. I've heard great things about them, but I've also heard some horrible things. I love graze.com. The employees are awesome and uber helpful. I started with them back in January when they were still pretty new. It was by invitation only back then. I got an invite through Facebook I think. At the time, I could only get a box every other week unless I manually changed it each week. I kept forgetting to change it and I got all bummed out. I sent them a message on Twitter and they were able to help me get it set for every week. Then they added an option so you could get more than one box, but they were only set for like every week and every other week. I needed one every fourth week. I sent them another message and they set it up for me. They are super awesome. I have some speculations that they actually read my blog posts and think about some of the stuff I've said. I've commented on here several times about not being a fan of dried apples. There's just a certain nothingness to them. Either my taste buds are changing, or they did something different. I had Eleanor's Apple Crumble today and those dried apples were super sweet! 

Okay enough rambling!

If you use a referral code, you get the first and fifth boxes free. If you don't use a code, you just get the first one free. You can use my code if you'd like. It's JAIMIE49P. If you use my code, I get a dollar that I can use on a future box or I can donate it to the farming school . I donated the first two to the farming school. 

The packaging

This box and the last box both had the American flag on them. I think it was a limited time deal for the 4th of July. The flag wasn't on the two boxes that showed up in the mail yesterday. The snacks come in a paperboard box. The snacks are in a rigid plastic container with a peel away plastic film lid. They are super easy to peel away too. One corner is designated as the pulling corner. You won't need scissors or a knife or anything like that. The box was a bit banged up by the post office. It was my first box that looked like someone wanted to sample my snacks! 


The inside image changes periodically. Just when I think I've seen them all, I get a new one. I think this one was new, but I'm not sure. 


Lightly Salted Popping Corn

 It took me forever to get this after they released it. I actually posted on Twitter asking what it would take to actually get some popcorn. They suggested marking it as Love. I did just that. I have kept it Love ever since. This stuff is super yummy. You don't need butter to have yummy popcorn. DO NOT BURN IT! It's super easy to do since it's a small single serving package. You can't just hit the popcorn button and walk away. The guys at work get mad because I won't let anyone talk in the breakroom while I'm popping this stuff. One time, someone talked to me while I was popping it and I mistook the beginning pops for the ending pops and I took it out with only about 1/4 of it popped! I put it back in and it popped all over the place in the microwave. It was messy, but still yummy. I got this in Box 25, Box 22, and Box 18. I'm keeping this as Love.
 

Here is what the popcorn looks like. The bag would have been fuller, but I fear burning it so much that I pull it out early. It's still a pretty good serving size even with the missing 10 to 15 pieces of unpopped stuff. 


Summer Berry Flapjack

This is a rustic rolled oat flapjack with berry infused cranberries. I love it! I've had this marked Love since my first time trying it. I adore flapjacks. I want to move to England so I can have them more often! I've had this in Box 26, Box 21, Box 16, Box 10, and Box 4. It's my go to snack for stress eating. I don't need chocolate anymore. I just need Summer Berry Flapjacks!     


Here is a close up shot so you can see the pieces and the texture! Look at them berries! Woot Woot!


Salted Fudge & Peanut Cookie

This has salted peanuts, redskin peanuts, vanilla fudge ad mini chocolate cookies. The chocolate cookies have a nice salty flavor to them. I love salt. It's my ultimate weakness. Eating salt makes me want sugar. Eating sugar makes me want salt! It's an evil circle of doom. This has salt and sugar, but not a boat load of calories and it's in this little container so it's not like I can go back for a second helping. I'm usually not a fan of redskin peanuts, but they are growing on me. I had this in Box 26 and Box 21. I know that I should mark this down to Trash so I don't get it. It's got processed stuff in it, but it's yummy, Sooooooo for now, I get to eat it. 


Eleanor's Apple Crumble

This has apples, raisins and cinnamon honey almonds. I have this marked Like, but I keep thinking that I'll mark it Trash if I get it one more time. I'm glad that I didn't Trash it last time because it was so yummy this time! The apples were sooooooooooo sweet this time! I don't think they were coated in sugar to get them there either. They tasted like real apples! Dried apples normally just taste like nothing to me. Maybe my taste buds are changing, but I think they picked a different type of apple. I got this in Box 29, Box 21, and Box 13. I'm going to keep it as Like for now. I might bump it up to Love if the apples are this yummy again.    


Nutritional Info

It comes with a card with the nutritional info, but apparently I didn't take a picture of it. You can check out any of my other blog posts about it to see the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment