Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review of Day 39 Beachbody Les Mills Combat


What I did and why

I basically did NOTHING today! I don't feel guilty about it either because today was REST DAY! I love rest day! I look forward to Rest Day! I take my melatonin before bed and I set my alarm clock for an hour later. I sleep in! I SLEEP! Sleep is something that I cherish. I did go to work today. I walked around at work though. Even without a workout program today, I still got an hour and 58 minutes of moderate activity. The really exciting part though, I got 6 hours and 20 minutes of sleep according to my BodyMedia device! It even shows that I got two full hours of consecutive sleep. The sleep part of this thing doesn't work well for me though. I'm not really sure what I do in my sleep, but I know I get more sleep than it says. It does show me up to an 88% sleep efficiency which is really high for me! Have I mentioned yet how much I love rest days? I envy those people who get on Facebook and say stuff like......."Well, today is supposed to be a rest day, but I just can't do rest days. I can't function if I don't workout every day." I want to love working out, but I just don't! As far as workouts go, Les Mills Combat is pretty awesome because it doesn't really feel like a workout during the combat stuff. The way the instructors talk, it's like they are doing a self defense class or a boxing lesson. They talk about where to aim the shots and how to throw different types of punches. They still have the normal stuff in there where they talk about working the core and they try to be all inspirational to keep me going, but while I'm punching and kicking, it's not like it's a workout. The HIIT days are a different story. Enough with the rambling. Tomorrow is Combat 60 Live. It's my first time for that one! I'm really excited! Then on Saturday is's Shock Plyo again (gag), but then I only have 2 full weeks and a few days left on the program! I'm really looking forward to taking it easy once I'm done. I've enjoyed this experience, and I'm learning things about myself, but I'm ready to have some extra flexibility in my workout plan. Sometimes I feel really restricted by this calendar. I love that I don't have to think about what workouts to do, but I really want to get back to a Monday through Friday routine. I'm doing PiYo next, and that's a 6 day routine also. UGH! I'm taking a break in the middle though.

(I edited this to fix the title since it was Day 39 instead of Day 37. Which made me miss out on the fact that today was Day 40! Eeeeeeeeek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment