Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Walk Away the Pounds - Muscle Mile One



I was in a lot of pain this morning when I woke up. You can read about the cause of that pain by visiting my review of The Biggest Loser Power X-Train workout. I knew that I needed to work out and I knew that I would feel better after doing it, but I also knew that I needed something other than The Biggest Loser workouts! The one I did last week killed me too! I decided to do another Walk Away the Pounds DVD. I had this one from the library and thought a one mile walk would be good for me. It turns out that I was right!

This DVD was in the same set as Walk & Kick 30 minute workout that's on the 5-Day Fit Walk DVD.  I liked the festive scenery and it once again made me think of Christmas. The workout begins with a brief introduction, so feel free to hit play and then go grab your water bottle or set up your workout tab on your BodyMedia device

Once the intro is over, you go through the four basic steps as a warm up. The basic steps are marching in place, side steps, knee lifts and front kicks. After you've gone through these steps, you pick up the pace and start to bring your arms into the mix. Most of the arm stuff is just raising your arms over your head, doing lateral raises or extending your arms out in front of you. This workout doesn't do much beyond the basics of the four steps like some of them do, but you do walk forward two counts and back two counts at two different parts of the workout and you will also walk with your feet shoulder width apart once or twice. This workout incorporates the weighted balls, but I still don't have them, so I didn't use them. I'm contemplating actually buying them because I have another purpose for them that I will write about in another post. This was the first workout that didn't have kickbacks which was a bit disappointing since I actually like the kickbacks! 

As usual, she rattled on about posture and some motivational things. It only became annoying once and that was only because we were doing front kicks. My legs were killing me this morning from all the squats in the stinking workout from yesterday, so I really didn't want to do endless front kicks! I survived though, and i'm better off for having gone through it. I'm still amazes that my workout yesterday that I'm still in agony from hardly had any moderate activity and no vigorous activity at all, but this 15 minute walk gave me more moderate plus 3 minutes of vigorous! It's soooooooo strange!

This was my first workout where I used Nexercise during the workout. I usually just log it in later, but you do get more points if you log it while you're doing it so I tried it out. I did something wrong though and wasn't able to see my Kiip Rewards, but I was able to get my mPoints.

Below are my screen shots from the BodyMedia device and from Nexerise. The big blue blip on the left is the workout. The rest is my normal day to day stuff at work. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment