Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 9: Core Cardio, Cardio, Lower Body



Day 9:

Today was Day 9 of 10 Minute Trainer. I'm doing the Stackables calendar so that meant that it was Core Cardio, Cardio and Lower Body today. Today was the first day that I started to feel a little annoyed that I was doing Core Cardio and Cardio yet again. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. I might start mixing in some of the upgraded package workouts just to keep things fresh. I kind of want to make it through the entire four weeks without going to the upgrade package workouts just to see how I feel about the program after that. Since the upgraded workouts are on Beachbody On Demand though, I might not do that. I like to see if the basic package programs get boring and repetitive. So far, it hasn't happened in any of the other programs. This program is a bit different though so we'll see how it goes.

Core Cardio

My memory of this workout is getting better. I still don't dread any specific move in this workout, but I have to admit that out of all of them, it's my least favorite. I'm not sure why though. I know that I liked the darker haired person better than the blond. I don't know if that impacts my thoughts on the workout though. The moves in this one seem to last longer than the Cardio workout. I think part of that is because Core Cardio has less moves where we spend 30 seconds on one side and 30 on the other. For example, in Core Cardio we do Crescent Press. When we do it, we alternate our legs as we do it for the full 60 seconds. However, Cardio has Warrior Lunges where we spend 30 seconds doing lunges on the left side and then 30 seconds on the right. Swapping sides like that after 30 seconds breaks up the minute which makes it seem to go faster. There are also a few moves in this one that are just kind of annoying. The one where we stand in a wide squat position and then do this side crunch thing and then hop forward. This one's annoying because we have to keep turning around. Turning around while wearing the belt is a bit awkward. The move towards the end with the arc and the twisting stuff is weird too. There you have it, all of my reasons for this being my least favorite so far. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Cardio

My memory of this workout is getting better too. I can remember several of the exercises and I can sometimes remember which one is next. I'm not bored with this one or annoyed by it though. I kind of like this workout and could actually do it twice in a row and skip Core Cardio I think. We'll see if that thought process continues into next week. I've still got to do this one a few more times before the week is over. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Lower Body

This was the third time doing this workout. I couldn't remember what was in it and I couldn't remember which of the people were in it. Turns out it was the person from Cardio (the one I like better) and I kinda liked this workout. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 4 of 10 Minute Trainer. I like that this one has different types of moves that I've never done before. The 3 Way Jockey Squats are fun which makes me not focus on the fact that my thighs were burning! It's a long minute! It's nice that it was broken up into three 20 second segments though, but we never came up for a break during the full 60 seconds! I focused on trying to get deeper into the moves this time. I ended up using duct tape on my floor mats. I got tired of how they separated all the time and every day I had to put them back together. You're probably thinking, that was pretty random! However, it's really not random. Now that the floor is sliding apart underneath me, I can really focus on my form and getting a better range of motion! I'm so excited! The floor still moves around on me, but the squares aren't separating from each other! Woot woot! 

I really didn't want to get up and workout today, but I did it! I woke up on time and I got into the workout room almost on time. I'm still trying to get in there earlier so I can get into the shower earlier. it's so hard though. It's called 10 Minute Trainer and I do three workouts so that should be 30 minutes, but it's not. I need to remember that. I also lose track of time in the morning. I start working on mTurk or something else and then I realize that I'm late! Eeeeeeeek!

Polar M400 Screen Shot

I taped the heart rate monitor to my chest again. It seemed to help a little, but it's still a bit wonky. I'm contemplating trying a new battery in it. I've had it for about 8 months now. I'm not sure how long a battery should last in there.





Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment