Monday, January 18, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 8: Total Body, Core Cardio, Cardio



Day 8:

Today was Day 8 of 10 Minute Trainer. I'm doing the Stackables calendar so I do three 10 minute workouts in one day. I put them all together and do them in the morning before work. Today had the same workouts as last Tuesday, but we put them in a different order this time. Last week, it was Total Body, Cardio, Core Cardio, but today was Total Body, Core Cardio, Cardio. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not with the boredom factor, but it probably helps the body not develop a pattern. 

Today was the first time where I started to remember the next move or a few of the moves that were coming up. It was more of an issue with the Cardio segment. I think that's the one that I've done the most at this point. If not the most, then it's probably in a tie for first with Core Cardio. The good news though was that I didn't look forward to any of the moves with dread. I just remembered that they were coming up. That's what I'm really enjoying about this program. I don't dread anything so far! 

Total Body 

I've done this one a couple times before. You can read a play by play of it on my post about Day 2 of 10 Minute Trainer. The only moves I remembered from this one were the push ups, the burpees and the crescent moon body twisting thing. I forget what it's called. Even though this has burpees, I don't dread doing this workout. I probably should try picking up the pace with these earlier into the minute though. This workout is pretty low key and he has you go into things slowly and then speed up. I'm not a beginner so I probably should just pick it up sooner, but I kind of like taking his approach to them. It's clearly working for me with the burpees from a mental side of things. :)


Core Cardio

I remembered the Crescent Press and the Skaters with the band up over my head on this one. I didn't dread anything. I kind of like the Crescent Press because I like how I don't feel so off balance doing forward lunges with the band and the door attachment. I feel like I can go a lot deeper into the lunge because I get some help coming out of it. I actually kind of look forward to this move so I can practice it more.


Cardio

This is the one that I remembered the most. I knew it started with the running part and I remembered the Warrior Lunges. As we went on, I remembered the Off the Line Move. There were a few other moves that I remembered were coming. One of them was the Hop Squat Run Back as the last move. I'm still not a major fan of this move, but I don't look forward do it with dread so that's a plus. 


Polar M400 Screen Shot

I taped the heart rate sensor to me today. It made the graph a little better, but it's still not where it needs to be so I didn't bother doing a screen shot. I'll use more tape tomorrow!



Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment