Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review of Cize The End of Exercize Day 3: Crazy 8s


Day 3: Crazy 8s

Today was Day 3 on the Advanced Calendar of Cize. I did this program on Day 1 and I will do it again on Day 5. It's about 30 minutes and it's awesome! I love getting a good calorie burn in a short amount of time. I kept looking at my Polar M400 watch and seeing my heart rate in the high 150s up to the low 170s! That's where my heart rate is when I run and this dancing workout was getting my heart rate up there. People scoff at dancing workouts and think that they are easy, but this thing is fast and it's intense. You can bring it down a notch or two if you're just getting into exercise though. I don't want to scare anyone off of this program because of my crazy heart rate during this workout. I was putting absolutely everything I had into this thing. My jumps were higher during the one small jumping section. My arm movements were as big as I could get them and I tried to hit it hard. It was so much fun. I actually woke up looking forward to doing this and I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning to do You Got This! I almost want to keep doing these instead of moving on to the next DVD next week, but I'm excited to try the new DVDs. I want to master these workouts though. I gave myself a one for my first day of each of these. I think I'm still at a one level because I keep having to look at the screen to see what I'm doing next, but I definitely improved over the first day. I'm making bigger movements and getting a higher calorie burn. The calorie burn was only about 20 calories, but every calorie counts! 

My abs are actually sore from yesterday's ab workout! My back is a little sore too. Don't freak out. It's not my spine. Our backs are covered by tons of muscles and this workout is finding a few of them that apparently haven't been found by my previous programs. It's not really painful like my DOMS was after leg day from Body Beast, but I can definitely tell that I worked out yesterday. 

This workout is only on the schedule one more time! Eeeeeeeeeek. I better nail it on Friday! I might even do the Cize It Up section twice! That's one cool thing about these DVDs is that you can repeat just the Cize It Up section at the end. It's also slightly annoying though because today I had a little mishap. After the workout is done, you go to a menu that allows you to do the 8 Count Abs, the cool down or Cize It Up again. Somehow I did something other than the cool down and ended up having to do my own cool down because I couldn't figure out how to get back to the cool down without fast forwarding through the entire workout to get to that menu screen again. Oh well!

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are my Polar M400 screen shots for the workout. I burned 451 calories in just over 30 minutes. Crazy! If I just kept doing the Cize It Up part of this until I got to a full hour, I wonder if I would burn 1000 calories in an hour! Check out that heart rate chart for Crazy 8s. That's seriously where my heart rate sits when I run, but it doesn't get those dips towards the end. Usually when my heart rate gets that high during a DVD, I take a bit of a breather, but I can't take a break unless we are doing the Cize bounce. I don't want to miss anything. We also don't do any specific move long enough for me to get so overwhelmed by it that I need to stop for a rep or two. I just love this workout! 


No comments:

Post a Comment