Sunday, January 25, 2015

Les Mills Combat Mini Round Day 6 - Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter


Day 6: Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter

I left the 60 minute workouts for the weekend. It's really hard for me to do the 60 minute workouts during the week because it means waking up and motivating right away. I like my 15 to 20 minutes of vegging out on the couch before I hope into the workout room. On the weekend, I don't have that issue. 

Today was tough! This workout starts out pretty fast and just keeps going. I did miss some of the first few reps in a few of the rounds because I was guzzling water. My breaks were shorter this time than they used to be. I did pretty well during the side kick round. I should have done this post yesterday because I've done another workout since this one and now I'm having a hard time remembering this one. I do remember that the push ups were crazy hard! I was so happy to be on the floor though and be done with all the bouncing around. I'm really frustrated that my plantar faciitis symptoms are back after doing a week of Les Mills Combat. They actually started up a few days ago. I don't workout with shoes on. I probably should, but I just can't do it. It will go away in a few days. You can see the play by play of the workout on Day 15 of Les Mills Combat.  

I find it interesting that I'm doing this post while watching the latest episode of The Biggest Loser. It's the flashback episode where they look at where they started and how far they've come. That's what this Les Mills Combat Mini Round was all about for me. I wanted to go back and do it again to see how much stronger I was now. These workouts are kicking my butt, but they aren't as hard as they were the first time. I'm sore, but I'm able to go deeper on the squats and harder on the cardio stuff. I'm taking shorter water breaks. I'm pretty proud of myself. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is the screen shot. Check out all of those vigorous minutes! The first time I did this workout, I got 23 minutes of vigorous activity! I did pretty much all of the modifications then. This time, I didn't modify anything. Well, technically, I did because I didn't do the bounce that they did during stuff like the knee strikes, but that's pretty minor in my opinion. All of that bouncing is just not good for my week little knees. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment