Tuesday, January 13, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 16 Upper Fix


Day 16: Upper Fix

Today was Day 16 of 21 Day Fix! I've only got 5 workouts left! This is going really quickly. I thought I would get bored doing the same seven workouts for three weeks in a row, but after doing Total Body Cardio and Upper Fix three weeks in a row, I'm not bored! Woot Woot! I think this is an awesome program! The workouts are 30 minutes long and they are doable! 

Upper Fix seems longer than the other workouts because it follows a slightly different format. We still get 60 seconds of work and 20ish seconds of rest, but instead of having four rounds with 2 exercises each that we repeat, we have 2 rounds with five exercises each that we repeat. I'm not sure why that makes it feel longer to me, but it does. I did pretty well with this workout. The push ups were hard to get through. I only did a couple on my toes and I didn't get very far down at all. My goal was to do a real push up by the end of the last year. I still can't do it. Oh well. I didn't make it through either of the planks for the full 60 seconds. I made it through one of them last week, but this week, I bailed at about the 30 second mark on both of them. 

I still haven't gotten DOMS in my biceps from these workouts. I haven't decided if that's because I have such uber strong biceps or if the workout just doesn't have much bicep stuff in it. I think I'm going to try doing different types of bicep curls after I'm done with 21 Day Fix. I don't want to fry out my biceps while I still need them for the Fix, but after it's done, I'm going to do a couple weeks of Les Mills Combat and I won't really need my biceps for that! 

The ab sections of this workout are so challenging! 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here's the screen shot for the workout. I'm surprised that I had 5 minutes of total activity and 3 minutes of vigorous activity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment