Sunday, October 12, 2014

Review of Beachbody PiYo Day 36


Day 36: Drench

I really hate being a day late, but Drench is too long to do a double workout. I'm writing this post on Sunday, but I did this workout on Tuesday. My husband's work schedule changed so he's home at night now. We don't share a day off anymore so I try to make the most of our time together at night and not mess around with the blog, but now I'm a week behind on posts. This blog is the thing that has kept me on track since January. It's been the reason that I've worked out. Maybe I don't need it anymore though. Maybe I'm a big girl and I can just workout to workout. Not likely! I need to get caught up on these posts and then I need to work out  a way to get my posts in daily. If I let the blog go, then I'll probably end up letting the exercise go too! I can't let that happen! NO NO NO NO!

Okay so Drench. I'm not a fan of Drench. I dread having to do Drench. However, while doing Drench, I kept thinking, "Well, this isn't that bad. What was I whining about?" Then it happened. I got to the Flow section and was reminded about why I hate Drench. I was thinking that Flow was earlier in the workout, but nope, it wasn't. For some reason, I kept feeling like I was going to pass out every time we went from high lunge to Warrior 2. I have no explanation for it, but it happened. I didn't pass out though. YAY. I just can't keep up with her during this section and I can't hold the Down Dog Split thing for an eternity with all of the moving my knee forward stuff. There are parts that I really love about PiYo, but Drench is not one of them. If I can't keep up with them, I feel like I'm not getting a good workout and I feel like I'm wasting my time. I'll be very happy with this round of PiYo is done and I never have to do this workout again. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

I really am drenched with sweat when this thing is done. My yoga mat is also drenched in sweat. Sweat comes pouring off of my head when I'm in Down Dog. The BodyMedia workout tab things I was only active for 21 minutes. That's pretty sad. At least the calorie burn is somewhat decent. Les Mills Combat showed way more of a burn though. 

Want to Learn More? Watch the video

If you're interested in buying PiYo, make sure you buy it from a Coach so you get the extra DVD for free. If you don't have a coach, you can buy it through me at my Beachbody page




PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment