Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Review of Beachbody PiYo Day 35 - 5 weeks done!


Day 35: Strength Intervals

I'm still a day late, so my Day 35 workout that should have been Sunday was actually Monday. I'll get caught up later this week either by doubling up or skipping a rest day. I hope I can double up because skipping a rest day is just not something I want to do right now. I love rest days. 

The first time that I did Strength Intervals, I did not like it! I wasn't a fan of it the second time either. This time, it didn't bother me so much. I'm not really sure why, but I almost kind of sort of enjoyed it. Maybe it was just because it was different. It wasn't Drench or Sweat and I'm just so over both of those. Maybe it was the fact that I was really working on my squats. The day before doing this workout, I watched a video on Facebook about how to properly do a squat. The person was using a wall to explain how to keep your knees from going over your toes and how to keep your chest up. Well after doing that, I totally understood what Chalene says about keeping your chest up and if you feel like you're going to fall backwards, you're doing it right. I totally felt like I was going to fall on my butt while doing them against the wall. At first it was really hard for me to even try them. I just sort of stood there with my hands on the wall and didn't really do anything. Then I did a few. They were awkward and difficult, but I did them. Once I did a few successfully, I decided it was time to do the workout.

I did okay in the cardio segments. I never got crazy out of breath and I think I kept up with her speed. I didn't do so well with the burpees though. I just suck at burpees. I didn't mind the jogging segments even though this morning my foot is having a plantar faciitis flareup. That's the major downside of this specific workout. Once I started doing PiYo, most of my plantar faciitis symptoms went away, but the first time I did this workout, my foot was killing me! This time it just hurt a little, but we'll see how the day progresses. I kept up with most of the lunges and squats, but the bowlers were a little bit hard to keep up with when we went really slowly. I did not keep up with the Beast Kick Through section. I'm ok at Beast, but the rolling to the side thing just doesn't go so well for me. I just look like I'm rolling around instead of doing a kick through. 

Overall, the workout seemed to go fairly quickly. Now it's time for Drench again. Then Core and Buns on the same day to catch up. Then Sculpt and then REST DAY before going back to Drench and then Sweat. There are so many workouts in this thing, why do we have to do Drench and Sweat so much! 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

I'm actually impressed with this one! I got vigorous minutes! Woot Woot! 


Want to Learn More? Watch the video

If you're interested in buying PiYo, make sure you buy it from a Coach so you get the extra DVD for free. If you don't have a coach, you can buy it through me at my Beachbody page




PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment