Monday, August 25, 2014

Review of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds for Abs 2 Mile High Calorie Burn


What I did and why

I think today is day 9 of my Gaiam TV 10 day free trial. I know On Wednesday, they will bill me if I don't cancel. Okay, so since starting the 10 day free trial, my goal was to do two workouts per day during the week. I skipped the weekend because of hiking and shopping and blah blah blah. Okay, so last Friday, I didn't get an evening workout done because of my knee and I won't get one in today. I think my sugar is off and I don't want to make it even worse by working out. After getting home from work, I got super super cold. I had the chills. My hand felt like ice if I touched my face. I ate dinner, but that didn't really help. It's August, and I'm wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt and I'm covered with a blanket. I'm still cold! 

The Workout

This workout has a very similar name to another workout. In fact the only thing different is the words for abs. I own Walk Away the Pounds 2 Mile High Calorie Burn. It came on the Walk Away the Pounds 5 Day Fit Walk. The workout I did today used the Walk Belt. The other workout uses the weighted balls. 

Okay, so the scenery in this one is a bit drab and they are wearing rather drab clothing. A lot of the people in this workout are the same people in the other High Calorie Burn workout, but not all of them. The workout started off with the four basic steps which are walking in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. The music picked up right after we were doing going over all of the steps. The sound of all of those feet clomping around on the hard wood floor was a bit obnoxious. It wasn't bad with the side steps, but during the walking in place, the footsteps were louder than the music. 

After we got some juice in our joints, we made things bigger by sitting down into the side steps and the kick backs. It took some time before we used the belt and we didn't use it for very long. She didn't have any warm up for the arms like with other workouts with walk boosters. It was a bit odd. After a few minutes with the belt, we tucked the handles away and did a power walking segment. We used the belt one more time later in the workout, but it was pretty brief also. 

There weren't many moves beyond the basics. They consisted of double side steps, walking forward and backward, kickbacks, walking with our feet out wider and kick backs while going forward and backward. The arm stuff was pretty low key and mainly involved going up over the head and down, out to the side and back, and out in front and back. At one point, we did "mini squats." As we came up from the squat, we stretched one arm up over our head while using the belt. I kinda liked that one. We didn't do any of them for an extended period of time where I needed to skip any reps, but some of the moves put the resistance band in my armpit which was just not comfortable. 

The workout had mile markers at every half mile. She also announced the half mile points. At the one mile marker, she talked about stopping at one mile or continuing on for the full two miles. She wasn't too chatty and didn't get sidetracked while we were doing strenuous stuff. 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots for the workout. She normally has a pretty smooth transition into the cool down, but this one seemed to be lacking in that are. There was some deep breathing, but we didn't do any stretching. She often talks about how important stretching is so it's always odd to me when there are workouts like this one that just sort skip over that part. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment