Saturday, August 23, 2014

My Mission to Accept Yogurt into My Life Part 5 - Mango Frozen Yogurt



Mango Frozen Yogurt

I'm on this kick to like yogurt. I'm not a fan of the taste or the texture. I've always been able to handle frozen yogurt though, so I'm starting there. I started out with Peanut Butter Drops. I've also made Blueberry Drops and Grape Drops. This time, it was mango. I picked mango because my husband bought a mango that he hadn't eaten and I don't do fruit juices so I thought it would make a good froyo. I Googled it and found this recipe for Mango Frozen Yogurt without a Machine. I didn't follow the recipe exactly though. I skipped the honey. I figured that the mango was sweet enough that it didn't need the honey. I also made them in drops instead of a full bowl. I like to have bite sized pieces each night. I don't like scooping ice cream and I've heard that this stuff can get pretty hard. 

To make the drops, I put a cookie sheet with wax paper on it into the freezer several hours before I made the mix. Once it was pretty cold, I made the mix. I then quickly took a small spoon from the silverware drawer and dropped bite sized pieces on the cookie sheet. I then stuck that back into the freezer. A couple hours later, I pulled them off the cookie sheet and put them into a freezer safe bowl. Each night, I put a handful into a coffee cup and snacked on them while editing. 

The Verdict

These things were uber yummy! I'm not a fan of mango fresh, but in froyo, it's to die for! I thought about this stuff while I was at work! I snuck a couple pieces out of the freezer as soon as I came home. I munched on them while putting dinner together. After dinner, I munched on some more! They were just so good! This batch made enough to get me through the week by only eating a little bit each night. I could certainly consume the whole batch in one setting though!  We bought another mango today so I can make it again! I just need to cut it up and freeze them. Since I didn't do that part yet, I'm going to make blueberry again. I've got quite a few blueberries in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment