Sunday, February 9, 2014

belVita Breakfast Biscuits


belVita says that you'll get "Nutritious Sustained Energy All Morning" if you eat these. I'm not really sure that I agree with the sustained energy part, but they are pretty nutritious. They've got whole grains, fiber, protein and unsaturated fats. All of those things are good for you. They are a good stepping stone breakfast if you've been eating Pop Tarts or Toaster Studels. I don't actually eat them for breakfast, but I do eat them for my mid morning snack. I don't think they give me energy, but they do help fill me up before lunch.



There are four flavors that I know of in the Soft Baked variety. They are Banana, Cinnamon, Chocolate & Oats and Mixed Berry. I've had all four flavors. I like the Chocolate & Oats and the Cinnamon the best. The Banana tastes like banana bread. The Mixed Berry is good and has a bit of sweetness to it. The Soft Baked ones come in a single serving package. There are five per box.



They also come in a crunchy version. They have more crunchy flavors than soft. The crunchy flavors are Blueberry, Golden Oat, Apple Cinnamon, Cinnamon Brown Sugar and Chocolate. I've had all of the crunchy flavors. We actually started eating these before we found the Soft Baked. The Chocolate is my favorite, but I'm trying to get away from eating them simply because they are a bit too much like a cookie. I need to break away from my chocolate addiction. However, if you're going to grab these or some Oreos, go for these for sure. I also like the Cinnamon Brown Sugar and Golden Oat. The Apple Cinnamon and Blueberry have small pieces of dried fruit in them. I'm not a huge fan of that. They are kind of hard and stick to my teeth. The flavor is good though. The crunchy version comes with four biscuits in a pack and five packs in box.



My husband and I started buying these a few months back. They were part of my babysteps to better eating. My goal is to get rid of as much sugar from my diet as I can. I also want to get rid of much processed food as I can. These biscuits have sugar, and they're processed, but when you think about what I was eating prior to these, you can see how this is a babystep in the right direction. If you already have a healthy diet, I wouldn't suggest throwing these into it, but if you eat poorly, I would suggest trading out a bad snack for these.

I really like that these come in a five pack box. On Monday, I throw a box of these into my work bag and then just eat one package a day. When things come in something other than a 5 pack, I have a hard time controlling myself from munching on more than one a day. I bring one box for the week and I know that I need to make them last all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment