Monday, February 10, 2014

The Biggest Loser Rich Chocolate Pudding review



I love pudding, but have never made it from scratch. I'm trying to get rid of processed foods and additives from my life, so this was a logical thing to try out. It only had 6 ingredients, and most people would already have them in their home. I didn't have many of them mainly because I gave up baking. If you already have the ingredients, this stuff is pretty cheap to make. If you don't have the ingredients......not so much since you have to buy a lot more than you really need for the recipe. It's not like you can buy a tablespoon of cocoa powder. 

It was very easy to make. It's all done in one small pan on the stove. I suggest using a whisk for the stirring. It didn't take much time to make this stuff either. I didn't have dessert glasses or custard cups, so I put it into a small Rubbermaid container. It's not the teeny tiny one, but it's the step up from that. The recipe said that  it made four servings, but I put it into two containers. It would have fit in this container, but I didn't want to eat it all in one sitting. Four servings is a bit of a stretch for this. You only use 1 cup of liquid. It's not like this stuff rises like a cake either. You put one cup of liquid in, and you don't get much more than a cup at the end. After you pour the pudding into your containers, make sure that you put the plastic wrap on so it's touching the pudding. Cut a piece that's a bit bigger than your container, so you can push it down onto the pudding and still have enough to wrap it around the top of the container. 

It had a good flavor, but the consistency of mine wasn't very smooth like the Jell-o pudding cups that I've been buying. Since I have enough ingredients to make a boat load more of this stuff, I'm going to give it another try. The flavor was good, so I just need to figure out how to make it smoother. I tried to salvage everything out of the pan, so I'm thinking maybe some of it had already set and it just didn't mix in well when I scraped out the stuff from the pain. When I make this again, I'm going to use the teeny tiny Rubbermaid containers that I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment