Wednesday, February 24, 2021

iFit Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge Twist Atlantis Sand Dunes Tempo Run, South Africa Knox Robinson

Today is Wednesday, but I did this walk yesterday. I did the February iFit Trainer Meet and Greet Challenge. It was a series of 8 workouts each with a different trainer. This was a chance to meet new trainers and get a magnet. A week ago they said they were going to do a twist, but didn't say what it was until about Sunday. The twist was they were doing 3 more workouts and we could earn another reward. I'm a bit curious what prompted this. I wonder if some of the trainers were hurt about not being included in this or maybe iFit wanted to just have fun with people. Who knows. I have gotten to meet different trainers and found some that I might like when I'm actually ready to run. Right now, I just walk them all. 

So this was part of a 12 part series for running basics. The trainer was new to me. He was super mellow and I enjoyed his style. I much prefer this type of trainer over someone who is in your face with a lot of rah rah let's go let's go let's go! His hair was amazing too. It was just bouncing all over the place and it made me giggle. No way I would have been able to run with his hair. Mine is up in a tight bun to keep it as immobile as possible. I hate my hair touching my face or neck. I got issues. Anyway, this run was through sand dunes in South Africa. The sand was amazing and there was no one around. It was interesting to see his footprints in the sand as he ran. He giggle when he ran down a hill. I can't wait until I can actually run. I want to do this whole series, but I feel like I should do all the beginner walking ones now while I'm still super out of shape and save the running ones for when I can run. I can adjust them down now, but that would mean adjusting down now and adjusting the others up later, so I might as well just stay in my lane and do the walking ones now. 

I don't remember much about what he said, but he was super chill and I really enjoyed this one. Nothing went numb or hurt too badly on this one. I didn't get my heart rate strap on. I should do that, but I have my Apple Watch now so having two devices on seems excessive and the iFit one seems to go wonky more often than the watch one. 

There are a couple of 5 MPH spikes on here. One of them almost got me killed. The other one I caught in time. I tried to hit 2.5 MPH, but hit 5 without the 2. Oh that was scary. I ended up on the rails and had to get back on it while it was moving. It was kinda like jumping into a double Dutch jump rope. Dangerous! I guess next time I should pause the machine and then let it pick up speed for me gradually. This workout was set up to do I think 2 minutes of RPE 8 and then 6 minutes of RPE 6 and then two minutes of rest, 6 minutes of RPE 6 and then I think we rested again. I'm not sure though. There was a five minute warm up and a bit of a cool down as well. 

I really want to do the running program with this guy. He really is awesome. 

My Walk

What it should have been



No comments:

Post a Comment