Monday, September 4, 2017

Primal Life Organics Dirty Mouth Tooth Powder


As I've mentioned before, I recently started seeing a Naturopath and found out that I have Estrogen Dominance. I'm on some natural supplements to help this problem, but I'm also working on reducing the phytoestrogens and xenoestrogens from my life. I've been looking at the EWG site to find to find products that are better for me and better for the environment. While in that searching process, I came across an ad on Facebook for Primal Life Organics Dirty Mouth Organic Toothpowder. They had a free small jar, but you had to pay $7.95 for shipping. I figured that I could handle $7.95 to try it out. It shipped quickly and arrived about a week after I signed up for it. It came with coupons off a future order as well.

It has fice ingredients and they are Extra fine Bentonite Clay, White Kaolin Clay, Alum free Baking Soda, French Green Clay, organic Peppermint Essential Oil. I couldn't find this formula on the EWG site, but the 2014 formula was rated as a 1. I don't see anything different about the 2014 formula and what I got so I'll assume it's a 1. 

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew this would be a different experience. This little jar has a bunch of powder in it. You wet your toothbrush and then dip it into the powder. The stuff doesn't foam up like normal toothpaste, but that actually was a plus in my book. I hate frothing at the mouth while brushing my teeth. I also hate dribbling that stuff all over my shirt. I hate having to rinse it all out of my mouth and I hate having the taste in my mouth for like 30 minutes. This stuff has none of those issues. It's a bit odd at first though because it tastes like clay. It's made out of it, so it's to be expected. 

The powder turned my spit a clay like color. It was easy to rinse out and I didn't dribble it all over my shirt. My teeth actually felt cleaner. It felt similar to leaving the dentist office after getting a cleaning. I had a cleaning about a month ago, so I didn't have any plaque build up, so it's hard to say if it would remove any of that. I will say that I believe my gums look healthier after using this twice a day for a week. I didn't take pics because I didn't expect anything drastic to happen, but I do think my teeth are whiter as well. 

I'm looking forward to continuing to use this product for the next three weeks. My $7.95 sample jar is supposed to last for a month. I'm not sure if I'll get this product or try to find one that is listed as EWG certified. I'll have to do more research about Bentonite which is listed as a 2 on EWG.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment