Sunday, June 26, 2016

Review of Couch to 5K C25K Round 2 Week 5 Day 1

The best part of Week 5 Day 1 is that there were three running intervals! That's because each one was 5 minutes long! I wasn't sure how it was going to go with three 5 minute jogging intervals so we walked to the track. I grew to regret that decision. We get back soooooooo much faster if we ride. It just makes the running harder for me though.

I wanted to avoid the pain that I had in the previous couple workouts, so I didn't really push the runs too hard. I barely made it into the 12ish minute per mile pace in the last run. I didn't care though. Walking home was so hard. I was just exhausted. I think it was at that point that I realized the perfect way to fix my issue with being on the wrong days. I want to get back on a Monday through Friday schedule with day 1 of the week on Monday and day 3 on Friday. This day 1 being a Wednesday and Day 3 being a Monday is messing with my head. I had been thinking of doing a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday deal one week to make up the missing day, but instead I decided to skip going on Friday and then skip going one day the following week which should put me back on track! (no pun intended there) I'm just not sure which day I'll skip. I think I'll end up waiting on my next skip until July 4th weekend. That would be a good day to skip. I want to skip a day this week though! LOL.

Not much to say about the workout. The five minute intervals weren't too bad going at my slightly slower pace. No pain.

Polar M400 Screen Shots

I'm not sure what happened with my heart rate monitor. It's looking a bit ragged. Oh well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment