Sunday, June 5, 2016

Couch to 5k C25K Round 2 Week 2 Day 2

Hubby actually decided to go out with me for Week 2 Day 2. I was pretty surprised. He went with m three days this week! Let's see if he picks it back up on Monday. I had planned on doing this entire round of C25K on the street/sidewalk/walking path, but it's just a bit weird to go out with hubby and then not be with him, so we walked to the track. I did my first and second running segments before we made it to the track, so I ended up there before he got there, but then we just both went around the track. He walked and I ran. At the end of my last running interval, I found him and we walked home. It was hard to find him since it was so dark!

I was determined to hit the under 10 minute mile pace for just a couple seconds today. Once again, I saved it until the end and once again, it didn't happen. The closest I got was 11:06. It's driving me nuts that I can't even get into the 10 minute mile pace since I did it in my first week! I'm seriously contemplating trying it during my first running interval instead of my last since I'm just not getting close. I fear that I won't be able to catch my breath enough to continue though. I'm so torn. It's a goal I really want to make, but I don't want to make it at the sacrifice of the rest of the workout. Decisions decisions. 

This run was on a Thursday instead of a Wednesday since the holiday threw off my schedule. I tossed around the idea of running on Saturday to make up the missed workout. I also tossed around the idea of running two days in a row. I opted to just skip the extra run day and make it up on Monday since we had a hike planned for Saturday. I wouldn't have time to do a run before going to Albany, and there was no way I was going to run in the heat! I didn't want to run two days in a row because I knew the hike was going to be a bit of a challenge for me since it has been the two previous times we did the same hike! 

Polar M400 Screen Shots 

Here are the screen shots from the workout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment