Sunday, June 5, 2016

C25K Couch to 5k Round 2 Week 2 Day 1

It was Memorial Day last weekend so I had the day off and so did hubby! We bought a new car instead of going for a run. I skipped my Monday run, but did it on Tuesday. The first week was only 60 seconds of running, but the second week is 90 seconds of running and two minutes of walking. I got through it before, so I knew I could get through it again. I just wasn't sure how it was going to go this time around. It wasn't so pleasant the first time around. It wasn't too bad this time. It's interesting to re-read the blog posts from the same day in the program when I did it the first time. I didn't have my Polar M400 the first time around, but I did play around with a Jawbone Up3 last year. I wasn't impressed.

I tried to keep my running pace in the 12 minute mile pace and I think I was successful for the most part doing that. I felt pretty good during this run. My legs didn't hurt. I was ready for the running intervals to be done, but that was more about my breathing than it was about my legs. I haven't been sore after my run days except after the first day and that was my abs more than anything. I ran on the path to town and then on the sidewalk through town and back again. I wanted to get under a 10 minute mile pace just once and it didn't work out last week. I tried again this week, but it didn't work out so well for me. I've been trying it at the end of my runs because I didn't want to tire myself out from the effort. My final run this time was uphill. It's not a big hill at all. It's not even really a hill. It's more of a gentle incline. I tried to hit the sub 10 minute mile pace, but I knew it wasn't going to happen while going uphill. I decided to try going downhill. I turned around and gave it all I got, but I didn't make it. I was just too beat. Another failed attempt at the sub 10 minute mile pace. I decided to try again for Day 2 of Week 2 and told myself that I would go around the block down to the high school so my final run would be going downhill.

I'm bummed that I didn't hit my goal, but I feel great after reading how torturous this was the first time around. I've made some great improvements. I can't lose weight, but I'm a better runner than I was a year ago. Eventually, the weight has to fall off if I continue to do stuff like hiking and running right? I know you can't out exercise a bad diet, but my diet isn't that bad. I know I need to cut out the bread and french fries on the weekends, but I'm doing great during the week!

Polar M400 Screen Shots

It pains me to see that the fastest pace was an 11:30 minute mile! I got faster than that last week, but I was trying to pace myself a bit since I had the longer running segments.



No comments:

Post a Comment