Sunday, June 12, 2016

C25K Couch to 5K Round 2 Week 3 Day 1

I wasn't really looking forward to this day because it meant doubling my running time in a couple spots. It also meant doubling my walking time though so I had that to look forward to. Week 3 Day 1 is 90 seconds running, 60 seconds walking, 3 minutes running, 2 minutes walking and then you repeat that. Hubby went with me so we walked to the track. I started my running intervals on the way to the track though so save some time and then he caught up with me on the track. It works out pretty good doing that. Although, it means my first two running intervals are uphill. UGH!

I wasn't really sure what to expect during this workout since it was my first time this round doubling my running time from the previous workout. It went pretty well though. I ended up in the 12 minute mile pace for most of the running segments. I was happy with that. I slowed down a bit at the end of my last running interval, but I'm okay with that. I was hoping to get a nice little sprint on at the end, but it was just not going to happen. I made it through the workout though and I wasn't sure the next day. I was definitely ready for those 3 minute intervals to be over, but I could have kept going if I had to. I might have gone slower though if I needed to run longer. My maximum speed for C25K week 3 day 1 the first time I did it was 4.8 mph according to the Motion X app. I didn't urn that app this time though so there could be differences in the app vs. the Polar watch. Reading that post was interesting though. I definitely wasn't happy when I was done with that run, but this time was no big deal.

Polar M400 Screen Shots 

I'm not sure what's up with the weirdo heart rate readings in this workout, but the speed one looks pretty normal at least. 



No comments:

Post a Comment