Sunday, June 12, 2016

C25K Couch to 5K Round 2 Week 2 Day 3

I'm playing catch up on these blog posts. I've been doing too much editing lately. Plus, we had inventory at work last week. UGH! I used to love inventory, but not anymore! I'll try not to ramble too much. I'm still doing my second round of C25K. I haven't bailed on it yet. I feel like I'm further along than week two, but the holiday messed things up. I should get caught up on it one of these days and get it back so Day 1 is Monday!

Week 2 Day 3 was running for 90 seconds and walking for two minutes again. I was bound and determined to get under a 10 minute mile pace even if it was only for a few seconds. I tried last week, but failed. Hubby didn't go with me, so I ran on the street. I went up the block to the high school and then around towards the middle school. This made it so I would be going downhill or flat for my last couple runs. It did the trick because I made it to 9:34! I'm not sure how long I held that pace, but that does't matter. I made it under a 10 minute mile pace and that's all I was going for! As times goes on, maybe I can maintain that for a whole mile, but for now, I just needed to get there just to prove that I could get there. I'll work on duration later.

I've been fairly surprised with this round of C25K. I've been reading through old posts about my first round and it sounded like it was pretty much torture. I'm not actually sure why I continued to run since it didn't sound like I had much fun doing it and I wanted to die after doing it. Why did I continue? This time around, I've been ready for the running segments to be over because I hate being all out of breath and I hate coughing, but my body hasn't been sore. My abs hurt a little after the first day of this round, but that's it. Nothing sore in my legs, back or chest. The coughing hasn't been too bad. I think one day in my first week was pretty bad for a couple hours after the run, but nothing longer than that. I'm quite happy with the results so far. I'm not really looking forward to the 20 minute run coming up in week 5, but I got through it the first time around so I'll get through it this time around!

Polar M400 Screen Shots


No comments:

Post a Comment