Sunday, May 29, 2016

Zen Labs Couch to 5K C25K Round 2 Week 1 Day 3 - I survived a full week!

I managed to get through a full week of C25K. It's not that amazing of a triumph really though. It's only three days, but I got up and I kept at it! I had the crazy idea of trying to hit into the 10 minute mile pace for each of my running segments and then I was going to make a major push at the end of the final running segment to see if I could get under a 10 minute mile pace even for a couple seconds. I was back under the cover of darkness which was nice! I didn't run into anyone else on the path/sidewalk. Whatever you want to call it.

This whole week has been a 5 minute brisk walk warm up and the 60 seconds of jogging followed by 90 seconds of walking and then a 5 minute cool down. I've felt pretty good because I have been making it through the running segments without much of an issue. I'm ready to stop when the 60 seconds is over, but I haven't felt like I wanted to die except for the crazy fast running segment at the end of the previous workout.

I did this one on the street and went the shorter route so I would be back home when the time was up instead of the longer route which would give me an extra five to 10 minutes of walking once the workout was done. I procrastinated getting out of bed so I didn't really have the extra time to be walking. It's kind of nice being able to run on the streets! The 30 minute workouts were closer to 50 minutes because I had to get to the track before I could start running. Now, I can just start running as soon as the little beep goes off. It's nice.

I managed to hit the 10:xx minute mile pace for all of the running segments. There was one segment where I went all out and then started to feel like I wanted to die, so I slowed up a little bit and then I kicked it up a gear again. You cans see it on the speed and heart rate charts where my spike has a bit of a dip in it. Oh well. I didn't make it to the under 10 minute mile pace. I underestimated just how strenuous hitting the 10 minute mile pace during each running segment would be. By the last segment, my breathing was horrible and I was doing a lot of coughing. I didn't think it would be a very good idea to try to beat my record. I think I'll try it at the end of my next workout. I'm not sure though since next time, I'm supposed to run for 90 seconds instead of 60 seconds. It's only an extra 30 seconds and I do get an extra 30 seconds to recover between intervals, but that 30 seconds might be a big deal once I start running. We'll see! Eventually, I'll get under a 10 minute mile pace even if it's only for a few seconds.

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots from the workout. I'm not really sure what's up with the weird readings at the beginning, but whatever. I love how it says that I significantly developed my aerobic fitness and my abilities to sustain high intensity effort for longer. It was a 30 minute workout. I don't think anything significantly changed during this workout. I am quite interested in finding out what speed I need to hit to make it into speed zones 3, 4 and 5 though. I might have to do some research to find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment