Saturday, January 30, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 19: Cardio, Core Cardio, Total Body



Day 19:

Day 19 of 10 Minute Trainer was Cardio, Core Cardio and Total Body. I have to admit that I was not really wanting to workout today, but that's not really a shocker. I'm having a hard time waking up lately. I really wasn't in the mood to do Core Cardio. It's only in the program three more times, which makes me happier than it should. It still means doing it three more times in the same week. I got up and got my workout done and was happier once it was over!

Cardio

I like it when we do Cardio first. It's a nice warm up one since we start off with 60 seconds of running in place. Right after that, we go right into Warrior Lunges. We start out going into Warrior 1 and then we stand up and then go into Warrior 2. We do one side for 30 seconds and then move to the other side. About halfway through this one, I realized that I wasn't doing my stutter step to get me back to the starting position. I was coming to a full and upright position all in one move! It felt great. I got really deep down into the lunge too. I didn't make the attempt on purpose. It just sort of happened. I was in shock! Once I realized it though, I started having some balance issues and then added a little stutter step in sometimes. I was bummed after that, but I was thrilled with my success with what I did do. You can read about all of the moves in this 10 minute section on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Core Cardio

As I said earlier in this post, I wasn't really in the mood to do this workout. I did it though and it wasn't really all that bad. I did pretty well with the Crescent Lunges and did most of them without my stutter step to get back to the starting position. I wasn't able to keep my arms up the whole time though, but I'm okay with that. I tried to enjoy the moves that I'm not a fan of and I got through this segment. Once I was done though, I felt like I was done! I still had to do another 10 minute segment! I wasn't very happy when I remembered that part, but at least it was a segment that I like. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Total Body

I like this one so it was nice to end on it. I'm pretty sure that my back doesn't like this one though. My back is so sore today! Part of it was from the foam rolling I did last night, but a lot of it was from this workout I think. I did better with my push ups on this one. I'm still not making it all the way down the floor, but I'm getting further than I was before. Once I dropped to my knees, I actually had pretty good form. In the past, my knees were below my hips instead of being in push up position, but just with my knees on the floor. Even doing that, push ups were torture! Now I can go almost down to the floor on my toes and I have better form when I get down onto my knees. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 2 of 10 Minute Trainer

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Well, I didn't really have the crazy dips on this one, but I did get a couple of disconnects. I really need to just buy a new battery and see what happens. 




Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment