Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 18: Upper Body, Abs, Cardio



Day 18:

Today was Day 18 of 10 Minute Trainer which meant it was Upper Body, Abs and Cardio. I'm not a fan of the Abs workout, but I like the other two. I don't like any ab workouts so it's not that this ab workout isn't a good workout or isn't an effective workout. I just don't like working my abs! I did not want to get out of bed this morning. It was definitely a struggle! I did it though. I got up and I got into that workout room to push play. I got through all three of the 10 minute workouts and I'm happier for having done it. 

Upper Body

I like this one. It's another one with just Tony and the door. I spent more time focusing on getting deep into the lunges on this one. I still suck at the tricep stuff and the the chest press/fly thing is super hard, but I still like the workout. I like the Police Curls even though I have no idea why they're named Police Curls! There's not much else to say about this workout. I didn't have any epiphanies or anything. You can see all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Abs

I much prefer this ab workout when it's the last workout! I got to the end of this one and thought I was done. Oddly enough, I've only done it last twice, but I still feel like if I'm laying on the floor, I should be done! At some point, I realized that I needed to get up again and do cardio. I wasn't really digging that idea. I had some serious motivation issues during this workout. I worked pretty hard during the things that I'm "good" at, but I didn't try very hard with things like the Mountain Climbers. I just did them on my knees and said that I just didn't care. My shoulders were killing me by that point. I had a crazy hard time trying to stay up on my knee during the elbow plank kick thing. My hip kept wanting to be down on the floor. I got through it with my own modifications and I have to do this one three more times before this round is over! I won't miss this one and I won't miss Core Cardio. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 3 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Cardio

I did not want to get up and do cardio after getting down with the ab workout. I did it though and I actually enjoyed it. For some reason, I couldn't seem to remember what moves were coming next which made it better. I tried to go as deep into my lunges and as I could. I think I improved a bit. I really felt it in my legs. This one is in the program 6 more times. I did this workout yesterday and I'll do it tomorrow and the following day. There are times when I seriously think that they just pulled the workout names out of a hat and put the schedule together. It seems odd to have the same workout four days in  row. Oh well. It is what it is and I'd rather do this one instead of Core Cardio four days in a row. You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer.

Polar M400 Screen Shots

My heart rate monitor had some issues again today. I understand the dip in the middle since I got down on the floor for abs, but there's a big dip in the cardio section too. There were a few disconnects as well. Taping it down didn't make it go away. The new bra has helped, but it's still got issues. UGH!

 



Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment