Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 17: Total Body 2, Cardio, Yoga Flex



Day 17:

Day 17 of 10 Minute Trainer was Total Body 2, Cardio and Yoga Flex. This was a pretty good set for me. Total Body 2 and Yoga Flex are probably my favorites in the whole program so far. I like this Cardio workout too. It's better than Core Cardio. I did not want to wake up though! I miss having a midweek rest day where I get to sleep in until 5:00 AM! I also miss being able to sleep in on the weekends. It seems like forever since I've been able to sleep in. On Saturdays, I wake up early since hubby does and then I stay up so I can do my phone calls for my second job. On Sundays, we go to breakfast and if you don't get there early, you might as well not even bother. Plus, we've been staying up later on the weekends. I don't wake up at 4:00 on the weekends, but if I stay up two hours later and wake up two hours later, it's not like I'm getting extra sleep! UGH! I am sleeping through the night better though. 

Total Body 2

This is probably my favorite workout of the program so far. I'm curious to see how the upgraded DVDs go, but for now, I really like this one. It's just Tony and the door. This one has some interesting moves in it. I'm working harder on getting deeper into the lunges so I can work my lower body more while working the upper body. We hold a lunge position a lot in this one. I really like the three speed rowboat thing. I love the names they come up with for these things. There's also some twisting lawnmower thing. Back to the rowboat thing though....You're facing the door and doing squats while you do rows at the same time. While I was doing it, I tried to go deeper into the squat and I realized that this whole resistance band in the door thing could really help people who are starting out with squats. Balance can be an issue for people doing squats. You have to get your butt back so your knees don't go over your toes. The resistance bands help pull you back up once you've gone down deep into the squat. I wish I had learned this sooner in life! I'm actually contemplating using the band in the door during some of the other programs where I have a hard time with the balance moves. I'm not sure how that would work just yet though since I might have to pause the DVD to get situated into the belt and it might just be too time consuming. Anyway.......This is my favorite workout so far and the rowboat thing is my favorite move so far. You can see all the moves on my post from Day 11 of 10 Minute Trainer


Cardio

I've done this workout numerous times at this point. I don't know what's left to say about it. I like this one better than Core Cardio. I'm not bored with this one. Maybe I like this one because it has more sports type moves in it. There's Off the Line, Defensive Slide, side kicks (martial arts is a sport right?") Tires and some other stuff in it. I like sports and apparently, I like sports drills. :) You can read about all of the moves on my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Yoga Flex

I love yoga! I love this yoga workout because it's all totally doable. No balance moves, no crazy flexible moves. It's just good old fashioned stretching yoga. I love how I feel once I'm done stretching out! I still find it odd that the Yoga Flex workout on On Demand has a cool down after it. The best part is that he's bouncing around and talking about how we need to bring our heartrate down and I'm like, I just did 10 minutes of yoga. My heart rate is down. 

Polar M400 Screen Shot

Here are the screen shots. Looks like I had a heart rate connection through the first two workouts, but not so much in Yoga Flex. Oh well. Life goes on. 





Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment