Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Review of Beachbody 10 Minute Trainer Day 16: Core Cardio, Upper Body, Lower Body




Day 16:

Day 16 was Core Cardio, Upper Body and Lower Body. Two workouts that I really like and one that I'm not a huge fan of. I overslept by about 20 minutes, but since I wake up way before I need to, it didn't matter. I still had time to get my workout done. I didn't have much desire to get it done, but I still did it. I'm going to finish this program! I'm just over the halfway point with the basic package. I think I've decided that I'm going to do all of the upgraded workouts, but I'm just going to do them for a week or however long it takes me to get through them. I'm not interested in going through another month doing the upgraded workouts. 

Core Cardio

We started with Core Cardio today which made me realize that there's no warmup with this one. When I do Cardio first, there's 60 seconds of running in place which pretty much warms me up, but with Core Cardio, we just get right into lunges. He talks about doing a warm up first, but there isn't a warm up on On Demand. Maybe they have a warm up if you buy the DVD package, but the On Demand program does not include a warm up. If I start with something like Upper Body, I've been running in place while the Roku is turning on. That seems to do the trick, but I forgot this one went straight into lunges so I didn't do that. I was kind of dreading doing this workout. It's just not my thing. Oddly enough, it really did seem to go by pretty quickly even though I wasn't into it. You can see all the moves in my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Upper Body

I really focused on getting down deep into the lunge position when were holding a lunge in this one and pretty much most of the workout is holding a lunge position while doing something with the upper body. It felt pretty good doing this one. The chest press and shoulder stuff didn't seem to hurt as much as it normally does. Maybe I just had bad form before and I wasn't a weakling. Well, I know for sure that my shoulders are wimpy so I can't blame all of it on my form in the past. Anyway, I definitely felt some improvement in this workout. Although, it's tough to say since maybe I was just standing closer to the wall. You can see all the moves in my post from Day 1 of 10 Minute Trainer

Lower Body

I tried to get down deeper into the squats and lunges on this one. I like this one because we don't have any weights! We don't use the door attachment for this one either, but there are no forward lunges in here so it's all totally doable stuff for me. For some odd reason, I always forget about the In and Out Hop Squats. How I can forget about something that I don't like as much as I don't like these, I'm not sure, but I do. I completely forget about them until they happen and then I'm like, "Um......where did these come from and how dd I forget about them!" I go slower than they do, but I get through the full minute of them and then move on to the next thing. I really focused on making my feet go from sumo position to a forward position. I really felt these during this workout! I really focused on staying low for the alternating lunges too and I really felt those! The next day, I wasn't sore though which is kind of driving me a bit crazy. I feel like I should be sore with all the effort I've put into this, but I'm happy to not be in pain at the same time. :) You can see all moves on my post from Day 4 of 10 Minute Trainer

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots from my Polar M400 heart rate monitor. It's doing better since I got a new bra. Maybe it wasn't the battery that was the problem. Maybe it's just my boobs! 




Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you want to learn more about the program, check out the video. If you decide you want to buy it, make sure you buy it from a Beachbody Coach so you get the free workout that comes with it. If you don't have a coach, you can get it from me. You can do the program for free if you sign up for the free trial of the Club Membership at Team Beachbody. With the trial, you get 30 days access to all of the workout programs in the Member Library of On Demand. 10 Minute Trainer is one of the programs and since it's a 4 week program, you can complete the program before the trial is complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment