Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Review of 21 Day Fix Extreme Day 9: Upper Fix Extreme


Day 9: Upper Fix Extreme

Today's workout almost didn't happen. I couldn't get the DVD to load. I tried it in the DVD player and in my computer. I tried to find the BluRay remote for the front room, but couldn't find it so I couldn't try the DVD in there. I took the DVD out of the player and wiped it down which usually works if my DVD player is acting up. The fact that it didn't work in the computer troubled me though. I even tried to see if I could get logged in to On Demand on my Roku still, but no go there. I put a different DVD in and it played fine so I figured it was the DVD. I have one of those DVD players that remembers where the DVD left off, so I thought maybe I could try to trick it into starting from the beginning by making it forget the DVD that was in there. It can only remember like three DVDs I think. I took out my Les Mills Combat DVDs and just put them in until the warning screen came up. After a few of those, I put in 21 Day Fix Extreme again, and it worked! I was so happy I nearly squealed. I wasn't sure what I was going to do if I couldn't get it to play. I was contemplating signing up for On Demand 30 Day Free Trial, but I knew that I was going to quickly run out of time to do the workout if I had to do that. It doesn't matter though since it worked!

Pretty much all of my DOMS was gone this morning! I was pretty stoked about that in a way, but not very happy about that at the same time. I did Plyo Extreme yesterday. That workout killed me last week, but this week, nothing. I think the same thing happened when I did 21 Day Fix. The first workout made me hurt for four days, but the second time I did it, it didn't hurt the next day. I tried to go deeper in my squats and lunges and I tried to jump higher, but still not experiencing any DOMS from yesterday. It made doing this workout easier though.

There are a couple moves in this one that were hard last week because my legs were so sore. They were the bent over rows and the concentration curls. The bent over rows are done in a deep lunge position and the concentration curls are done in a deep sumo squat. Last week, those moves didn't really work the muscles they were intended to work as hard as they should have because I was having a hard time staying in the correct form because my legs hurt so badly. This week, I upped the weights for the bent over rows and I felt it where I was supposed to feel it. 

I also upped the weights for the first set of hammer curls. I went up to 15s. My biceps didn't feel like they did anything last week, so I wanted to rectify that this week. My tricpes got a killer workout this week. I stayed up in push up position for as long as I could during the push ups. I only went down an inch or so, but I wanted to work on staying up there. I made it about 20 seconds. I went to my knees for the rest. I had to go to my knees during the Dolphin thing too. That is just crazy hard for me. 

The tricep dips were a killer. My arms start to go numb during these. I need to figure out why. Clearly my form must not be correct, but I'm not sure what part isn't right. I had to take breaks because I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish the workout if I didn't have blood flow to my hands. 

I used 15 pound weights for the first round of chest flys too. I held the band a little wider for the lat pull downs and the post delt flys or whatever that thing is called. I handled both much better. I was able to get through them with only a couple breaks. I felt them in the places I was supposed to feel them too which is different than last week. We'll see how if I'm sore tomorrow in new places. :)

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots. Looks like the heart rate monitor really doesn't like those tricep dips. I don't like them either. LOL.





Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you decide you want to try the program out, be sure to buy it from a coach so you get the free DVD that you can't get through other sources. If you don't have a coach, you can sign up with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment