Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Review of 21 Day Fix Extreme: Day 10: Pilates Fix Extreme


Day 10: Pilates Fix Extreme

Today was Day 10 of 21 Day Fix Extreme! It was Pilates Fix Extreme. I wasn't a huge fan of the Pilates workout in the original 21 Day Fix, but I kinda like the one in 21 Day Fix Extreme. There are some parts that are crazy hard and I want to scream, but the slower pace in this one really helps me. The resistance bands also help as well. They give resistance, but they also give assistance. I mentioned this in my post about the first time I did this workout, but just in case you missed that post, I'll mention it again.

You might be tempted to skip the bands to make this easier, but I find that the bands actually help me and I feel it more the next day. Let's take for example the move where you have the bands wrapped around your feet and then you hold the handles. You're sitting down and then you lay back on the floor and let your feet go down to the floor. Then you have to raise back up again. The bands make it so it's an easier transition down. They are helping you fight gravity a little bit. It makes me feel less afraid that I'm going to fall and smash my head on the floor. They also help pull you back up a little bit so you don't have to put an elbow down to push up if you're not so good with this move. The bands also make Supermans feel amazing. I've always liked Supermans, but I hadn't done them with bands until last week. I'm not really sure why it feels so good, but it really does. 

Okay, the hard parts of this workout are really hard! The One Hundreds are not comfortable for me. They maybe my back hurt no matter what I try. I had to take a few breaks with these. The Fire Hydrants are just sucky! It's not comfortable to hold the bands with my hands flat. I tried the modifier up on my knuckles, but that wasn't really any better. I did it the last time, but it just didn't work for me this time. I didn't take breaks during the Fire Hydrants, but I didn't have a very good range of motion. The Bird Dogs in that same section are pretty challenging too. I kept pointing my toe instead of flexing my foot. It makes it easier, but it's not as effective. The Hamstring Curls in that same section are pretty challenging as well. I got through them, but my leg wasn't up as high as it should have been.

Overall, I felt good about this workout. There were some things that were hard fro me, but for the most part, I was able to get through them without breaks.

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots from the workout. My heart rate is still higher than I think it should be while doing this, but we'll see how that goes over time. 





Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you decide you want to try the program out, be sure to buy it from a coach so you get the free DVD that you can't get through other sources. If you don't have a coach, you can sign up with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment